Switch it up! | Single hub-motor hybrid build | LY Switchblade 38" | 12s3P p42a

I personally didn’t like it when kick-pushing / foot-braking. When riding it’s fine though.

Maybe something smaller, more like 12s1p

The shorter the better. Width wasn’t an issue, but more room for feet was.

Did you chose the 38" on purpose over the 40 or was it because of stocks ?

38" is perfect for my size (6’4). 40" Is a bit big as a push-board, although it’s fine for electric where you ride in a wider stance.

It’s about being clear about what the board is intended for. Is it a lightweight pushable street cruiser for short trips, or is it a performance board that needs to reach high speeds and do that over long distances, at the expense of being less portable and nimble, and higher off the ground.
As a single hub board, I imagined that the emphasis was more on portability than top speed and range.
Tradeoffs, always!

2 Likes

Lmao I just realized on the bus to Lithuania I forgot to pack the remote :man_facepalming: @Murloc992 You got a spare shitty remote by any chance? :laughing:

Worst case I can use a USB keyboard lmao

2 Likes

Ah man, that sucks!!

I do have a gt2b mod. :smiley:

Hmm, well, maybe I don’t need the remote. My friend with the 3Ah battery just joined, and he needs more range for sure, so… modern problems require modern solutions

5 Likes

Hmm, pushing this ain’t that hard, but sure gets tiring after however many kms we did today. Completely exhausted, but was a fun day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here’s a video from Day 1 in Vilnius, if anyone is interested in what longboarding there is like. (It’s great!)

And I made a new YouTube channel specifically for esk8 content! On there I have Day 2 where I rode around with @Murloc992 and the crew :slight_smile: (Subscribe!)

This is my first time editing an esk8 montage, so let me know where you think I could improve! Personally I feel like the only thing missing is more speed, but oh well, 33km/h was all what my board was capable of :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It was capable of more but we try to keep it legal here. :slight_smile:

I love that camera. Grrr. Money… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t use any of your footage :sweat_smile: It would have been a noticable shift in quality :laughing:

1 Like

:laughing: It’s a dash cam, nothing else. :frowning:

1 Like

For anyone wondering, this build is no more. I reused the main parts for a new board:

I think an electrified switchblade on TKPs can be really fun, but not stable enough for high speeds. If anyone tries to replicate this build, use stable trucks.

1 Like