Surfrodz and speed rings

So then why were you posting Bara’s picture? Thats the picture but its not your build… Why did i associate your Joker and that picture?

@Dareno :scream: how can you :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Just get a lathe. Then you can make whatever spacer you want. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Alright fancyTaz, take it easy. We’re all cool here :joy:

Maybe not Brian, but he’s consistent.

6 Likes

Obviously it was a joke, however if you guys think about for how many things you could use even a very small hobby lathe you would seriously consider buying one.

And yes, I am a tool junkie :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m a tool junkie my self I don’t have a lathe because I don’t have anymore room for anymore big tools. When I move I will for sure get a place with a big garage lol. I already have a large toolbox a shop press a 60gallon compressor belt sander drill press etc I’m out of space.

4 Likes

I feel you man. Space is never enough.

2 Likes

Livin’ dat bogan lifestyle :joy:

1 Like

What’s the biggest motors you can fit on the RKP 200mm hangers with quick 66 mounts and 80mm axles?

If you forward mount 6380s will fit.

3 Likes

If I had a lathe to make SR spacers I would make them just a bit tight on the axle so that when I take off my wheel my spacers dont fall on the floor and roll away like every goddamn time.

8 Likes

Are you me?

3 Likes

#metoo if I can manage to stop buying parts, maybe I’ll try making parts

2 Likes

Since you are in the EU check

https://www.warco.co.uk/2955-model-engineering-lathes

and

https://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Machines-Accessories/Lathes

I have bought my lathe from Warco and my mill from Arceurotrade.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I’ve discovered some features that I would want are only on the +1k lathes. Thought a tumbler was :tumbler_glass: until recently

I’m still in research mode

2 Likes

There seem to be multiple hassles (bearings, spacers, washers) with the 10 mm axles on the Surf Rodz. It looks like you can get 8 mm axles on TKP Grindsz with 177 mm hanger on the Surf Rodz site. Is the 8 mm axle just not long enough or are the hassles worth the larger diameter axle? I don’t read much about bent axles.

1 Like

The 10mm axle is what you want. So much flexibility with axle length and removable axles are a big bonus.

Bearings are 6900
M8 shoulder bolts

2 Likes

Not at all. I know it can seem that way from reading but that’s because people are just getting into it and finding out what to buy.

As moonburg said, once you have a variety of m8 shoulder bolts and a big ol bag of cheap ebay spacers and washers you can play around and get anything lined up on them. Really versatile truck.

1 Like

I should be standard on every truck out there.

1 Like

I ordered the TKP with 80 mm axles. I have been looking at the shoulder bolts. Are you purchasing the precision shoulder diameters? That seems to drastically reduce what is available and increase the cost.

1 Like