Surf Rodz on a Meepo Voyager?

I have a Meepo Voyager that has good power but is lacking in the turning/carving department. I was thinking about replacing the stock RKP trucks for some Surf Rodz TKP trucks. Has anyone else done something like this? Maybe some other TKPs would work?

I dont see why any TKPs wouldnt work, so long as your motor mounts are also facing inward since the voyager has pretty short motor wires. In between the bushings, meepo has this hard urethane ring that sits on the kingpin, and that seriously dampens board feel. I’d highly recommend removing it if it’s still there. This was present on the NYC preprod. voyager.

The voyager was nice and carvey for me, just needed some new bushings, the removal of that ring, and some pivot cups (riptide :wink: )

1 Like

I prefer the turning response of TKPs over RKPs. Personally, I like the urethane donuts. The ones Meepo uses on the Voyager are terrible. They are super stiff and don’t even feel like urethane. I had a friend make several sets out of different sets of bushing to include Riptide. They add stability without adversly affecting your ability to carve.

for us it made the board barely turn as they limited the pivot of the trucks

1 Like

Softer ones are much better. The stock ones feel like they are made of plastic.

The surfrodz tkps aren’t safe for esk8. The 2 piece design makes the bolts prone to shearing

2 Likes

Any suggestions for TKP with short hangers that could replace the RKPs on my Voyager?

1 Like

No idea sorry mate. I’m hoping that the @Razillian trucks fill that void for me, but still procrastinating like an asshole on that build.

2 Likes

How short of hangers are you looking for? 180mm? 145mm?
Here’s some that are 200mm length
220mm CNC but spendy
ONSRA has their own CNC TKP truck set for a solid price
Long 366mm version from boundmotor
maybe @Savage1 could help you out somehow

2 Likes

Yeah.Maybe Razillian is the answer.

@fujio001 What if you run RKP with adjustable baseplates?

1 Like

My personal opinion is TKP carve better than RKPs especially at slower speeds even when angles are changed. I usually rider Boosted style boards less than 20mph and want them to be relatively nimble.

1 Like

You did never mention what size of tkp trucks you were looking for? Ive been googling tkp trucks for ya so knowing a size might help with results. Most TKP designed for esk8 are going to be a longer style hanger however.

1 Like

Looks like the stock hangers are 190-200mm

Check out my last comment, the first link. MakerX TKP trucks. Decently priced it seems and 200mm hanger.bill do some more digging for you as well

1 Like