SuperCharged Vanguard | 20s4p | MakerX D100 | 140Kv 6354 on Savage TKPs [RETIRED]

Grip redone tonight. Ended up sticking with vicious for the time being. Jessup for backup, cause it more or less felt the same as what was on the vanguard.

3 Likes

Everytime I see those tkps I want a set. What are the baseplate angles?

2 Likes

Do it dude. You absolutely will not regret

4 Likes

I’m not sure I shot a question to @Savage1. I could also try measuring myself, is it measured from board to pivot?

2 Likes

Dude. You need them pretty MAD washers!!!

4 Likes

Hmm yeah those would be sick. Maybe some day a lot of funds going elsewhere right now…. Lol

2 Likes

Was a good night of riding. Motors stayed pretty cool even at these terrible ratios. 6 inch HOTAs on infinity hubs, but balance doesn’t feel good. Thanes are still the way to go on this build, but wanted pneumies for at night when visibility lower.

Did hit an abs over current fault so I’ll still need to look into that.

4 Likes

Did you notice the eboosted enclosure significantly stiffening the deck?

2 Likes

I feel like I’m a bit on the heavy side so I still have decent flex, maybe I’ll make a video.

2 Likes

I noticed mine was wayyy stiffer than even the split enclosure, but this was expected to some extent. Im curious about how the enclosure will hold up now that it’s structural.

2 Likes

Yeah I think some stiffness is to be expected for sure. Hopefully the relief cuts will help. At least I haven’t heard any cracking yet, even when the middle noticeably flexes when I step on.

1 Like

I don’t expect any cracking or failure. I noticed the enclosure on my kaly formed these stress lines that helped it flex more. Alan said that’s to be expected and it won’t actually break.

Ah gotcha. Then sounds like we just need to break it in lol.

Just the resin breaking. The glass fibres should hold up, I doubt you’d be able to break them without folding the enclosure in half :rofl:

3 Likes

So how’s the ride feel with the combination of a loaded deck and pneumies?

Tbh not something I thought anyone would ever do. This intrigues me.

Have you considered airless? I feel like that could be a great happy medium for low visibility rides, with the terrain handling of pneumies and a closer ride feel to thanes (if using the right airless wheels). I feel like airless would be a great candidate for your setup.

Ps. Not cloud-trash-wheels.

3 Likes

I imagine this is exactly what Loaded had in mind when they designed the vanguard.

1 Like

The vanguard flexes and pops when carving, and at speed on thanes it’s very easy to put it into a slide. With the pneumies I can carve a little harder without putting it into a slide.

That said I’m getting a feel for different compounds because eventually I’ll test the HW Pros and my treated mad 105s.

I’ve tried one airless rubber tire and the feeling was quite weird, not sure I like it. But maybe worth another shot later. For now the pneumies are good for my late evening rides.

1 Like

Dang man, that silver and black scheme you got going on is fire.

Too bad about the balance on the hota tires. I’ve heard more good things than bad about them so far, so maybe you just got unlucky.

I think you should put some metro hoyt 153’s on there. That would be perfect IMO

1 Like

Hahaha trying to get me to spend more money!? Yeah maybe though :thinking:, I could also just throw the BKBs on. The wobbles is definitely noticeable when switching from thanes, but only at a high speed like 25-30 mph. Not crazy wobbles but enough to make you think twice, esp combined with the flex.

1 Like

Yeah I was about to say – you can hardly recognize that the deck of this board is even a Vanguard at this point :laughing:

Looks sick af tho :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like