SuperCharged Vanguard | 20s4p | MakerX D100 | 140Kv 6354 on Savage TKPs [RETIRED]

@glyphiks yeah I wouldn’t call this clear lol

Ran some laps on the tennis court to feel things out. Look at my wheels lol.

Alright new bushings are in, foot stop, and grip. A better clear grip would be nice but more grip is nicer so not going to be too bothered about it.

Tomorrow the motors arrive, and then it’ll be time to put together a set of M1 drives with them.

5 Likes

Did your Vanguard come with clear spray on grip?

Mine did… probably gonna roll with it, idk how to even get that stuff off if I wanted to

3 Likes

Yeah that super ultra fine frit, but I find the grip a bit lacking imo. That’s why I threw on this vicious. To get it off I just sanded it with 60 grit then 200 grit lightly with an orbital sander.

3 Likes

Haha told ya.

2 Likes

@Shadowfax @rafaelinmissouri i picked up the jessup ultra grip in clear

3 Likes

This post is brought to you by my secret Santa. So, my motors came in and that meant putting together the gear drives meant for this board. Thanks to my secret Santa for the BN M1 street drives. This was the 2.2 ratio version so clearly they want me to go fast, but I’m already on 20s so I needed to swap in the 27T for more torque and less speed. It also came with the abec adapters so I’ll get to try the Zoobomb 111s at some point.

Got the new motors up and running in time to take it out for an 11 mile spin, before the rain returns tomorrow. The board is stupid fast and a carve monster. I need to be careful at speed on these wheels. Felt the board jerk a few times at speed due to wheel spin and debris.

At theses specs the board is currently my most torquey board :grimacing::partying_face:.

Upcoming, got some Jessup clear grip so that I can redo the grip. It’s just not as clear as I’d like, and maybe because it’s more white than clear but I don’t like the design I cut out for it.

18 Likes

Grip redone tonight. Ended up sticking with vicious for the time being. Jessup for backup, cause it more or less felt the same as what was on the vanguard.

3 Likes

Everytime I see those tkps I want a set. What are the baseplate angles?

2 Likes

Do it dude. You absolutely will not regret

4 Likes

I’m not sure I shot a question to @Savage1. I could also try measuring myself, is it measured from board to pivot?

2 Likes

Dude. You need them pretty MAD washers!!!

4 Likes

Hmm yeah those would be sick. Maybe some day a lot of funds going elsewhere right now…. Lol

2 Likes

Was a good night of riding. Motors stayed pretty cool even at these terrible ratios. 6 inch HOTAs on infinity hubs, but balance doesn’t feel good. Thanes are still the way to go on this build, but wanted pneumies for at night when visibility lower.

Did hit an abs over current fault so I’ll still need to look into that.

4 Likes

Did you notice the eboosted enclosure significantly stiffening the deck?

2 Likes

I feel like I’m a bit on the heavy side so I still have decent flex, maybe I’ll make a video.

2 Likes

I noticed mine was wayyy stiffer than even the split enclosure, but this was expected to some extent. Im curious about how the enclosure will hold up now that it’s structural.

2 Likes

Yeah I think some stiffness is to be expected for sure. Hopefully the relief cuts will help. At least I haven’t heard any cracking yet, even when the middle noticeably flexes when I step on.

1 Like

I don’t expect any cracking or failure. I noticed the enclosure on my kaly formed these stress lines that helped it flex more. Alan said that’s to be expected and it won’t actually break.

Ah gotcha. Then sounds like we just need to break it in lol.

Just the resin breaking. The glass fibres should hold up, I doubt you’d be able to break them without folding the enclosure in half :rofl:

3 Likes