Mini FOC based on VESC6

What is the difference between mini to mini plus?

Continuous current will reach 60a

5 Likes

Is this without extra cooling? I have the FSECS4.12 and its supposed to be able to do 50A continuous but there is no way you’ll ever reach that without a heatsink

1 Like

There will be a heat sink

1 Like

Do you guys think the price of mini foc is too high or low?

Cheers~

Im really considering one of these for my Tayto where space is really tight.

4 Likes

I don’t think as a buyer that prices can be too low :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s really important that you make some profit for your hard labor though.

If prices are really low, I sometimes might just buy it because it seems like a good deal and would be fun to try.

In this case, it’s not on my top list of “things to buy” mainly because there are no reviews of it yet. It’s also at a price point where I wouldn’t buy it just for fun.

Whatever you feel good charging for your labor+item cost+(whatever extra there probably is) is appropriate IMO.

2 Likes

Why do most people use the external battery case for diy? I think it’s a great work to put the ESC and the battery inside the deck.

2 Likes

The price depends on the quality. If they work how advertised the price is not bad. Better this price and good quality than lower the price and save during production by using cheaper components. For sure as customer you always want the lowest price :sweat_smile: but you also want relatable hardware.

Regarding the external case. Most street boards with an under deck enclosure have all electronics inside the enclosure. For mountain boards with top mount batteries it’s more common to split the esc from the battery in different boxes.

Edit: in case you mean to put it inside of the deck like inside of the wood, it’s just a matter of availability. A lot of decks not made for esk8 so they don’t have a cut out for electronics.

4 Likes

Don’t know of this was a rethorical question, but 99% of the decks used aren’t designed for putting batteries and electronics inside the deck.

Carving out wood to make place for that affects the integrity and performance of the deck, so most of the time these decks need to be specially designed for this specific purpose with reinforced materials or extra layers of ply. No deck companies offer these kind of decks off the shelf.

2 Likes

This is my skateboard, dual 5065 | dual mini foc | 10s 5000mah battery, all inside the deck

13 Likes

What deck are you useing?

2 Likes

Problem is that some higher end builds demand more than 10S 5Ah and so you’d need a huge cutout for bigger batteries. Having an enclosure on the bottom means you can fit more whilst being more versatile

The trend is higher voltage, higher Amp. So make a vesc capable of that insted.

This deck is custom made for me by the deck factory.

3 Likes

We are developing higher current and voltage VESC, 100V 200A

12 Likes

Thats what we like here :slight_smile:

Well. Considering I bought 2 via taobao for the same price as the one advertised here. There might be abit of a gap.

6 Likes

I’m gonna need a link for that

2 Likes