Summer 2021 E-Games of D.I.R.T

how in the heck

gimme your legs

3 Likes

The trick is to use your arms and upper body to control the movement and momentum. I don’t have strong legs or anything.

then gimme your arms and upper torso

2 Likes

I’m taking a letter for this week and last.

Works been crazy - weather been cold - boards been fucky - head been occupied. I really want to get out and ride soon, maybe try back on the ones I missed. At least I have been out for a nice cruise on our new bike path down the street, that was refreshing :slightly_smiling_face::full_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

clean one! Like this one alot, too :smiley:
…wanna do esk8 stuff so bad. Half of the exams done. New Year all is over yeeeeaa

keep this up guys!

7 Likes

Next up is we’re spraying some dirt.

Light board fucked yet again so had to do something with the big one.

“Heelside drift circle” i guess :man_shrugging:

squat down, grab board, flash ass crack, drift a circle(ish) and go back from where you came.

Can naturally be done on grass aswell, tried that but lawns are way to soaked here atm.

8 Likes

Oops almost forgot about this one!

3 Likes

oh my gosh i can finally do this one! should be able to

imma look silly on campus tryna squat n, can’t rhyme

drift

2 Likes

the second 180 needs to be backside 🥲

still very well done tho! i need to get mine in

1 Like

Yeah that’s not gonna happen with no heel straps. It’s wet AF out and that board is out of commis.

I’ll let Ryan decide if it counts or ill try and swap heel straps later if I get a spare hour.

2 Likes

ya no heelstraps makes it a tad harder, but it should be possible, i do miss heelstraps a tiny bit ngl

1 Like

This 360 drift is killing me. Keep getting 270s and falling out.

Any tips @Seabjorn? If I lean that far over, my board tips :joy:

3 Likes

Get lower, your center of gravity’s too high. In Jen’s video he’s practically crouching on the board.

Wow this one is going to be super difficult for me seeing how hard it was to do a 180…

2 Likes

Yeah it is harder than it looks, very easy to overpower like you did here. try getting proper low with that ass almost scraping the ground. Putting too much throttle will slide you over and come to a stop. This happened to me when i tried on grass at first

I mean having 4wd definitely helps not sliding over but i also got pebbles sprayed inside the helmet a couple of times :sweat_smile:

Its definitely doable on 2wd, did this a lot in the past, fried a couple of esc’s from digging to deep into the dirt which made me cautious about doing to many circles :grimacing:

Ah no sorry, I do think you can do this without heelstraps too. You just have to use the pressure of your feet pressing inwards or outwards.

Part of the difficulty of the trick is going in the same direction for both tricks, effectively going 360 degrees, rather than 180 and 180 back

1 Like

Yeah problem for me is too much grip lol it’s so hard to slide out at all on my board - I will probably have to change my motor mount height too because I get motor bite on the hanger if I bend over that far

1 Like

Any specific reason? Not enough torque? Putting enough leverage with your body it doesn’t require much torque to start sliding but a bit more to maintain it i guess

Nah, the only hard part is having a wet board and shoe lol whatever, I expected that

If I get my ass lower, the board tips straight over. You using traction control? The lack of sensors is killing the final 90° turns trying to regrip.

I may have to drop out if my board isn’t fixed soon. Running a fucking 55lb rat rig atm

1 Like

It might be that my batteries are too weak currently to provide enough sliding torque consistently -it’s probably just me though, I have a ton of torque available with this setup

Besides that, the feeling of being out of the grip zone is very foreign to me haha

I have traction control on most of the time but I turned it off for the 180 slide, I’m not sure if it will be easier with or without it in this case. I’ll need to find a dirt spot big enough to do this bc I don’t know if the grass here is shallow enough for it

1 Like