Suggestions for shipping boards to events

Tried browsing the search for an answer but couldn’t find anything. Got my friends going to ESK8CON next weekend and the big question is how do they get their boards from point A (Texas)to point B (Vegas) that doesn’t involve driving since most of them are flying.

Is the a special shipping service that ships these for not an arm and a leg? What have y’all done in the past when y’all went to Carve PDX?

1 Like

Some people last year for carve were able to bring their boards on the plane as a carry on, and ship the battery separate.

Some people also shipped their boards. Shipbikes.com was what some used I think

How they got boxes to ship in, no idea

@DerelictRobot @jack.luis ideas?

2 Likes

Hoyt is good at receiving big expensive shipments. We will be accepting any boards, DM me if you will be doing that.

Please provide a link to the build thread and/or photos of the inside and outside before shipment.

3 Likes

I imagine you wouldn’t be accepting them for esk8con tho?

1 Like

no, sorry i thought this was for carve

mike beard said he would accept boards

4 Likes

Do it a week earlier than you expect to need your board.

This was the takeaway from year 1 CarvePDX

5 Likes

Ship bikes is priced well. But for packaging if your doing a couple boards get on uline and order your stuff there.

And place your shipping a week ahead of when you orginally thought you were going to ship your boards out. Ups/FedEx has been sketchy about deliveries lately

6 Likes

I hate to be that guy but please spend your money anywhere but Uline. It’s a shit tier company.

Seriously. Ship early.

2 Likes

Majority of the boxes I used have been uline if I didn’t already reuse a box I recieved. So that’s my only Experience.

2 Likes

Man, thanks y’all! Really appreciate the suggestions! I hope to see y’all at ESK8CON!

I have honestly never paid for a box. Those things are all over the place for free. I just bring em home from work, or if it’s the right day I skate around for <5 minutes and grab a proper sized, clean one from someone’s recycling. Rarely have to go past the end of my street.

I live in the hood so not an option lol

Most boxes are gone via homeless or the rain