Suggested Forum Improvements 2022

Ok now what the heck is wrong with tomatoes?

Also as someone who’s been dogpiled and is still bullied now and again here I fully support the “don’t be a dick” movement.

I try to follow the advice. I try to be transparent. I haven’t bumped my latest thread in a week. Reminds me, I need to bump it.

2 Likes

Not 2022 anymore but why the hell do we not have a birthday bot or plug in to where users get shouted out in the banner or something on their big day?

4 Likes

Everybody look, @rusins hates fun and/or is scared of plug ins!

:electric_plug::electric_plug::electric_plug:

4 Likes

No sooner will that bot see the light of day and I’ll rig my date of birth to always show it as my 69th birthday

1 Like

If we’re gonna add plugins we need a unit conversion plugin that displays all units to the user’s preference. Idk if that exists but it should.

1 Like

I just hate birthdays, cakedays, and other pointless annual reminders like that on the interwebs :stuck_out_tongue:

Jehovah’s Witness?

@longhairedboy It looks like custom fields in the user profile are now searchable as of Discourse 2.7, and it looks like this site is running at least 2.9

Would help with requests like these:

Thoughts on enabling that?

5 Likes

There should be an “I’m feeling lucky” button to take you to a random (read or unread) thread…I’m bored out of my mind in a training class and I’ve looked through the 100 most recent threads already

1 Like

For that effect I’ve taken to the “Suggested Topics” section at the bottom of every page. Once you have no more unread followed threads I find it populates with really random threads.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been doing for the last couple hours :joy:

1 Like