Suggested Forum Improvements 2022

Someone has to join him at the
https://forum.esk8.news/t/old-people-retirement-home-chit-chat/53157?u=evwan

Great clutter of useless banter yall are creating

@Evwan nice serious thread lol

i dont remember writing “serious” in the title

If the intent was for anything useful to come out of it you probably should have

This was never going to be taken serious.

1 Like

There are good ideas that i’d like Damon and Jamie to look at and take seriously outside of the whole moderator drama and whatnot, but yeah this is esk8 news. We’re gonna have fun no matter what.

Apart from that, I forgot to mention the bangwaggony and jumpy behavior we’ve all shown where lots of us dogpile on someone after they break a rule or whatever. I’m guilty of this too, but I feel like this should become a rule. Aviator’s sale threads are almost the worst thing on this planet, second to tomatoes, but we gotta stop spamming popcorn emojis, gifs, and nasty comments. I’m very guilty of this too, but this discourages people from using the forum as it creates this toxic cult-y environment. We should adopt the mentality of “don’t like it? leave it.”

Unless it’s something that’s literally a fire waiting to happen, leave it. Dont like the pricing? Dont say anything. Situation dependant, you can offer friendly advice with a pricing suggestion, but if its someone who is notorious for high prices, leave it. It will either sell, or it wont.

Sorry to make an example out of you Chris, we gotta refrain from doing this stuff in the future. If we don’t like the price, let the board sit unsold. He’ll get the memo eventually. Aviator is the first example I think of, but this is just a general universal thing I feel

2 Likes

Wasn’t going to get involved in this drama, BUT YOU TOOK IT TOO FAR. :triumph::triumph::triumph: don’t diss my favorite vegetable like that.

2 Likes

*fruit

3 Likes

Fight me

1 Like

Bro you were absolutely dead fuckin right in standing up for what you did, I’m glad you had backup from the dad crew.

5 Likes

Don’t call Tarak hurtful names.

3 Likes

yea I’m sure that will be adhered to

1 Like

At least I said it. I’ll try to refrain myself, but it is fairly toxic behavior.

1 Like

Learned it from
You dad.

Did you move to the UK?

Oh fuck autocorrect. I must’ve spelt it so wrong I managed to teleport to the wrong side of the pond!

1 Like

This thread was never going to change anything.
That was apparent by it being started during a Damon stress break. It was simply a… “mutiny prevention venting zone.” And not even an entirely needed one this time.

And now we can abandon the rails entirely. Welcome to the new derail jail, boys. X can’t banish you from here.

If Damon/Jamie decide not to host a wiki, we’ll do it some other way hehe

Asking them and waiting instead of just doing it yourself is the exact type of shit that pisses me off when people do it to me.

DIY, BBY

I’m mostly with you there, including the “I’m v guilty too” part. I was going to say this would be a good place for informal community moderation or leading by example, by directly messaging rather than dunking on the person to explain why that’s bad. But with aviator specifically we went through that so many damn times, like honestly many of us put too much work in to trying to work with him and give good faith advice. Don’t have a nice neat solution unfortunately, and this isn’t meant to further shit on him just to acknowledge that specific case is a mess