Stuff about double kingpin trucks

anyone know where to get the Flipsky 15 inch inch dkp without the 60$ shipping fee?

Probably Mboards? I think they stock that now

1 Like

I was able to source a pair. I need to find another so i can upgrade to 4wd.

Any assembled pics? This is the first that I’ve heard of this mod.

Yooooo this is a super good idea, might i ask how you did this? Would you mind posting your progress etc on it?

2 Likes

Those are DKP?

Yeah im jus running single kingpin for now. I stripped em too.

So you made a DKP a single?

1 Like

Yes, i guess you are right these arent dkp. But they started as them. Also people wanted pictures of the spherical bearing mod so i posted them here in response.

2 Likes

I did the same with my eLofty drives. Worked pretty well.

1 Like

I havent mounted the motors yet, im still working on a deck. Were there any clearance issues with your motors like the mounts being to short?

1 Like

DDs, so no mounts involved.

1 Like

Ohh ok, my mistake.

1 Like

Ive got a Hurricane and i love the dkp trucks!! They get me very close to snowboard carving. But im 200lbs and the meepo trucks have been known to snap. Plus, the bearings are only 8mm. So i got the 15.22" flipsky trucks and im putting a set of my trampas on. I’ve got 28mm, 12mm to 10mm reducing bushings, and the hardest Riptides dkp bushings. I had no problem riding at 35mph, but im more interested in carving, and i have my Propel Endeavor Pro for off road.

Any opinions on how it’ll rride when i get it all put together? Im sporting a broken elbow, so it’ll be a few before i start the swap.

4 Likes

I run a 10 wedge upfront with dkp and -10 in back with tkp.

All with the 15 inch hangers. This set up has me good. Am a carver and a snowboarder but I dont find the sports to be similar.

2 Likes

Really? I used to be an avid downhill skier and I find the carving sensation on DKPs and TKPs to be very similar to skiing. You can even load up the bushing to shoot you out of a turn just like loading an edge. For me, DKPs are like slalom skis and TKPs are like giant slalom skis.

2 Likes

Oh interesting ive never skied, are skiing in snowboarding similar in feel of carve? Interesting comparision to skiing.

I love getting that spring when im carving real deep where im bouncing back and forth! Not exactly like snowboarding, but its in the same ballpark for sure.

1 Like

Do you think that was because you were used to tkp trucks? When i got my Hurricane i had been riding for very long at all since i was a kid, so i didnt have loads if recent experience, but it didnt take long before i was riding comfortably at 32mph to 35mph, and i dont have my trucks set especially tight. I found weight distribution and bent knees to be the most effective at being stable. Never wrecked on her.