Stuff about double kingpin trucks

:+1:. Yes a good setup and being comfortable is key.
I’ve been 35+ on mine. I don’t go that fast anymore after hitting a pothole doing 35 on Thanes.
But I’m comfortable carving at 20 to 25.
Been on Dkp’s since I started riding Esk8.

1 Like

I really wonder how many instances of involuntary speed wobbles are caused by weight distribution. I’ve been watching a lot of downhill skateboarding and they do get wobbles which often kind of autocorrects.

1 Like

Any recommendations of drop down decks? I’ve been wanting to try and that’s why I got the Evo (plus being a :canada: company!) but I’m not sure I love it, or I’m just too liking of freeride/downhill decks and how portable they are :rofl:

We designed the Titan deck with wide trucks in mind. But you can take a Redember 44 as well, it’s very similar to our dark chocolate.

2 Likes

Can you post a few pics of the Titan deck?

Sure. This is one of them.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered how they autocorrect too

I would think weight distribution has something to do with it, I know you’re supposed to keep weight over the front truck to reduce wobbles

1 Like

Drop Down LONGBOARD SKATEBOARD Deck Lowrider CRUISER 780848456268 | eBay

I am using this one with flip 15s. You can get it with 8 0r 10 ply.

1 Like

That’s rider skill and muscle memory doing that. Lots of folks don’t realize there’s still skill required in this sport.

not you specifically lol

2 Likes

I hit 38mph on my 7in with 0 wobbles lol but when I let off the throttle I got just a tiny tiny bit of wobble, I increased my negative ramping time because of it. I’m using 98a bushings, I never had issues with stability like others had. I’m using Evolve clones

2 Likes

how much experience you have riding?

any pics of the setup/road your riding?

I’ve been riding DKP for about 2 years now, but only maxed at 26mph at the time since that’s all my Verreal RS was capable of. I’ve now upgraded my components, it’s a Evolve like board style but with 6374 Motors, Unity, & a 12s3p 40T, 98a duro Evolve bushings, here’s a pic!

The roads in my city are somewhat smooth with long strips lol so that’s where I do a lot of my speed runs.

5 Likes

I wonder how much of a difference you would feel with precision machined DKPs? Lots of RKPs and a few TKPs how about DKPs? Who’s up for a challenge?

Anyone know know of some long mounts for dkp evolve trucks? I want to run 72t pulley and 8 inch wheels on the 15 inch flipsky trucks

What do you guys think of dkp gullwing in the front and rkp calliber 2 50 in the back?

probably fun!

Ive done the spherical bearing mod to mine and they are incredibly stable but also carve on a dime.

2 Likes

Please post some pics! I think a spherical bearing is a promising idea! I would see something like this used on single kingpin designs too.

Also specs of the particular spherical bearing you used.

The bearings are called COM6T spherical bearings i found a set of 2 for 20 on amazon the total cost is about 50 dollars. The mod greatly improves carving and stability.

Also i recommend a stepper bit to clear out the hanger bushing seat.

Edit: more on way

6 Likes