Street & Skate Park Electric Skateboarding

110% from Missouri, the parks in the video are Jefferson Barracks, Ferd B Lang and, Pomme Golf Course (which is not a public park and no longer a golf course.)

I miss skate trips! used to travel a lot with the crew to parks and random street spots.
Now we all got older and I seem to be one of the only ones who kept skating. XD

2 Likes

I’ve been hoping to make a build that can be thrashed. Not exactly sure my plan but I was thinking a single belt drive with the small motor above the wheel or something to allow the board to pop. The whole thing built as light and as strong as possible. Tiny lipo battery.

All the mechanical parts and everything else are not meant for big drops, grinds and hard collisions. You’d destroy most enclosures with the added weight and I wouldn’t be surprised if you broke mounts, your deck and other parts as well. The closest board that would give you a street park feel would be a leiftech/summerboard in my opinion.

3 Likes

I’m in Columbia dude

Nahhh come shred this park with me. I could use a good lesson.

Bottom mount not recommended haha

5 Likes

I’m building an as light and balanced as possible electric street skate board that I want to take to skateparks :slight_smile: Didn’t expect an eMountainboard doing this stuff :smiley: nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think limited weight would help a lot depending how tech you want to get and budget.
I like to think of these as motor-cross when it comes to doing tricks. They dirt bikes have a lot of weight
but yet they can still swing them around to do all kinds of crazy things. Its all pre planning and muscle memory.

I vey much agree on limiting the weight though, I run a 12s4p in my box, and well its heavy AF.
It does help me to build leg and ankle strength though, so if I swap to a 6s or similar I can really
man handle the board more. With that said I can 180 the 12s4p pretty easy.

Single motor wont work for me personally, I plan to use the throttle to grind longer on ledges as well as go
backwards from grinds. (always wanted to do this) So Im going to need a 2wd but 4wd could help if I get to learning switch for certain tricks.

Specs are going to depend on the riders style and budget as usual. Id love to see some builds end up in this thread though. I know for a fact you can use a regular push deck and put holes into the nose and kick for a MBS style board on the cheap. Blank decks be like $30-40 bux. It will be more of a mini-mbs but still something you can really throw around and replace on the cheap.

1 Like

Im here to push those limits, and if I have to out-source to get some beefy additions made then so be it!
Also maybe this will help push the industry to make some better gear for us.
Some want to take on speed, and some want to jump off buildings. Im happy to try them both!

I dont think I can grind a summer-board/leaftech… I do have a Mini-X but tbh that battery is not going to hold on from my riding. This is where the MBS style boards kick ass. Box on the top means I can slide the bottom and grind baby!

So far, Ive only bent axles and x-bars.
x-bars no longer an issue with the janux mounts since they can angle up almost vertical.
This also helps for impacts since they are slamming more down into the trucks like you are naturally
rather than hanging out the back or under which can cause wear on the channel trucks.

As for axles, these Matrix II’s are holding up better than the ATS trucks.
with that said the ATS trucks are impressive with what I put them through.

1 Like

Well we are going to have to eventually meet up and ride.
It dont have to be ramps but for sure need to ride!

1 Like

You seen that new pump track in St. Charles? I’m assuming it won’t be kosher to go electric there.
Me and @b264 keep dreaming of it.

But yeah dude. Regardless let’s meet up for a ride someday sooner than later.

2 Likes

I hear you! I want a regular style board for the parks also.
My issue is how can I board slide on a more traditional style board with a battery…?
I think thats why Im at the parks with the MBS now.

I’ll ride that with you! I see a foam pit!
Im down to try something dumb! XD

1 Like

Wait, what? You’re local???!!??!?!?!?

1 Like

Yah I talked to a dude in Fenton park who knows all about that and helped with it in some way.
He asked me a lot about the MBS board I have and told me about that pump track coming.

I have a feeling they would actually be ok with it, just go in respectful and wear pads if needed.
All should be golden! It’s going to happen if the fence has to be hopped on not. XD

1 Like

If you live in Missouri, Then I suppose I am. :wink:

nice. now I want to build a lunchbox bindings board and jump and grind stuff. so many planz.

Andy Mac rode boosted mini in a big bowl. airs and junk

otherwise though I think you want lighter to ollie things, and for me park was all about the pump lines to the airs and grinds a little assist might be fun but it might also take away from that.

damn dude. sick.

3 Likes

Got that board-slide for you all.

6 Likes

Zach you are killing it man :love_you_gesture:t3: I remember you asking me questions about my evo and modding boosteds :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Thanks DEEIF!
I plan to get so real street clips sooner than later, this things is FUN FUN FUN!!
I had some random kid send his push deck into my shin.
So I have about a 2 inch slice on my shin from his board impacting me.
It’s more a blow out of skin but still. In the video above you see Im riding normal but I have some
buttery fly strips in. I actually kinda re-opened it in todays activities. I really need to chill and let it
actually heal right, but today was too nice to pass up.

3 Likes