Story of my build - started 2019 - thanks to this forum for the knowledge!

Hey :wave: i started my build with a 33“ earthwing miniglider cruiser board with 97” street wheels where i slapped a diy skateboard kit from china on.
It was like 10s5p battery + cheap case + 5055 170kv motors and cheap esc and cheap motormounts/trucks

Its long ago and i didn‘t do a lot of pictures.

So first thing on this set blew up was the esc so i went and changed to vesc 4.12 yay. First vesc.
Next what blew up where the motors :thinking: i think this was the time when i decided to change. To that time there was someone on this forum who made a big sale and i got my hands on some stuff. Upgraded to:

• Loaded tesseract truncated
  • diy 3d printed enclosure
  • standart e caliber trucks
  • 6355 170kv maytech motors
  • enertion motor mounts
  • 107mm abec wheels
  • don‘t know the gearing
    Basically a complete new deck.
    I reinforced the enclosure with epoxy. And then put toghether all the upgrades

Not a lot pictures. Just this one of the reinforced enclosure black painted

I‘ve riden this setup a good time until the next esc blew up so got my hands on a focbox unity + heatsink + metr, bought some flipsky 6374 190kv motors because the old ones seemed to have an issue too, some new mounts and new pinions (i think gear ratio was 42/14) bought some cloudwheels, roger bro footstops, shredlights and a new battery by @Acido …change went great. That was by far my favorite setup to this day

I think sometime between the last change and the pictures i bought some new @Boardnamics 220 hangars

This was my setup until last year. It was a fun time everytime i ride this deck, but everytime i rode i got a little scared because i got better and liled it ro go fast, and the faster i went the more speed whobble came.
Solution: buy new stuff :sunglasses:

First things first longer deck more wheelbase. I was hopping to get my hands on a switchblade 38“ but couldn’t get a cheap one so i found this earhwing double trouble 38“. It almost has the same shape as the switchblade

Next step was to build a new enclosure. As before i didn‘t made a lot pics of the building process but i just made it oit of fibreglass and epoxy and then painted it black. Mounted the focbox and ready it was

On another day i ordered the new drivetrain + wheels
270 bn hanger + adjustable baseplates
Bn M1-AT geardrive 5/2 & 4/6 ratio (used 4/6)
Bn gt3 hubs
Bkb 6“ tires

Here is everthing put together with the old battery from acido

Unfortunately this nice battery pack from acido was dying, so I decided to build a new battery, this time with nese (already thought about it when i built the enclosure) thats 12s4p molicel p42a

I build it with cnlinko adabter and bought 1 10a charger (way to big) and then 1 4a charger

Thats the build so far:

I run this setup for about a year now. And i really love it.
A year without big troubles.
Now my on/off switch on my unity broke. I don’t really need it becaue i have a loop key and “roll to start”
So no big issue, but unfortunately it could be a little bit beefier…so i bought some @Skyart 6485 motors + skp single esc dual+ metr
And as I was clicking around, I decided to go with bn straight cuts for my geardrive and ordered a set + both ratios (5/20, 3/80)
One of my bolts of the motorplate of the geardrive also broke and it got stuck. So ordered a new one.

Now I’m waiting for the parts.
Maybe i will do some pictures of the soldering whats to come and the “put together” of the new parts if anyone is interested.

Thanks for reading guys

14 Likes

The worst, inescapable part about this forum is the unsolicited feet pics in every build thread.

Great build tho love the look of your current board.

1 Like

Great evolution. :+1:

1 Like