Stormcore without switch possible?

Is it possible to have a Stormcore immediately power on through loopkey with the momentary switch disconnected and without roll-to-start? I just want to get rid of the stupid switches and have both (it’s 4WD) power on immediately when I insert the loopkey. I am guessing because the switch is momentary that it’s not as simple as just shorting something on the switch port?

2 Likes

I think it’s is possible, look around for how people did it for the unities.

You’re 95% of the way there!

Just jump the 2 Mom pins

2 Likes

@Venom121212 thanks. I assume those are the two labeled on the schematic as BTN.

2 Likes

You got it dude

3 Likes

Yep it works. Thanks. Makes sense since if you hold down the button it turns on and stays on. It should have been obvious but I thought I had read elsewhere that it wouldn’t work. Always nice when it’s a simple solution.

3 Likes

For the visually inclined.

2 Likes

If you’re using a loop key I’m pretty sure there’s an ALWAYS ON option in Vesc tool listed in the options for how you want the button to behave/timeout for auto off so you shouldn’t have to hack the button port.

I’m not home right now so I can’t connect to my board and double check that or tell you exactly where it is but I know I’ve seen it.

Oh interesting. I was going to get rid of the switches but I decided having the LED indicator and level is useful so I’ve kept them for now but I just shorted those pins to disable the button functionality.

1 Like