Stormcore iOS Battery Config

I recently purchased a Stormcore 60D+ and stuck it in my board with a 12s3p Molicel P42A battery pack in it. I configured the battery settings correctly in the app based on the minimum and maximum voltages given on the Molicel information sheet about the P42A cells (4.2 and 2.5 respectively).

However, the Stormcore app is showing that I’m at 75% battery while the light on the power button is blue, indicating approx. 50% and the VESC Tool app says I’m at 47%. Assuming the VESC is correct, how come I’m getting something so different on the Stormcore app? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

2.5 minimum? Hot damn.

Think that might be the problem.

is the vesc tool app also set to 12s?

still within spec. barely.

1 Like

Do y’all actually go below 3? I would be too nervous :eyes:

Not sure what exactly is wrong but based on the battery voltage, the SoC is around 50%, so Stormcore app is giving a wrong SoC.

nah, energy density below 3v is like 2% of the whole cell, not worth it.

2 Likes

I would give up on that app. I don’t think they are doing updates for it anymore since it left the TestFlight days.

The app will crash on logs that are longer than 10miles. YoursTruly seems better. If your looking better dashboard I would use the freesk8 app.

Hm. Good point. I also have Xmatic but that’s not being particularly accurate either.

I’m just reading off of the spec chart that reads 4.2 max, 3.6 nominal, 2.5 min. At the current battery charge, giving the app 3.4 minimum reads 47% but I haven’t tested at other charges yet.

1 Like

Try setting it to 3.0 minimum and see if it fixes problem, otherwise :man_shrugging:t3::man_shrugging:t3: