Stormcore HFI on Vesctool App/USB connection not working

Does anybody have a way to figure out HFI values on Stormcore 60d+ via VESCTOOL Android app?

My usb C port isn’t working.

I tried to connect VESCTOOL on windows 10 via bluetooth, to no avail.

Or if anyone has HFI parameters for turnigy sk8 6374s 192kv on 12s, that would be awesome

With your phone connected to the same wifi network your computer is connected to, use the TCP forwarding on the developer tab. Then you can use the phone bluetooth to connect to the desktop tool.

Unfortunately though, tuning HFI sometimes requires the high bandwidth of a wired connection. But you can certainly try.

For a faster wired connection with a broken USB port, connect another VESC to it using CANBUS, then connect USB to the other ESC, and use CAN Forwarding to access the ESC with broken USB port, using a wired connection.

Can I get more detail on the the TCP method. Never done that before

Nvmd. I figured it out. But can’t get hfi to plot. Had this issue before and can’t remember how I fixed it.

I also could have sworn I saved my HFI settings for these motors.

Well I hope Lacroix has good customer service and will send a new ESC

You need to enable it on in the terminal first. Use these instructions after you have a solid wired connection.

The foc_plot_hfi_en 1 command will enable it.

foc hfi terminal command enable turn on dots tuning

1 Like

I did that. But wi have to waitmfor Lacroix to fix or replace my VESC

Go through the video again and make sure you didn’t miss a tiny step; it’s easy to do. Did you set up the chart correctly? Are the arrow keys and brake button even working?

1 Like

So I had the issue before where the brake button wasn’t working. I honestly don’t remember how I got everything to behave last time

I feel like this has to do with not being connected via cable

Definitely the USB port not working and not a faulty lead?

Yeah l definitely the USB port. Not going to get into it because I’m waiting to hear from Lacroix, but USB port is literally melted

2 Likes

Please post a photo

1 Like

Not going down that rabbit hole yet. Going to see what Lacroix does.

1 Like