Storage racks for boards.

Hello guys,

Not sure if this is the right category, I’m a furniture maker in London UK and I made a couple of freestanding boards storage racks.

If you would like to have a look at the pictures and give some feedback would be very cool, I feel like storage is an aspect that deserve attention :sweat_smile:.

These are CNC custom made individually, so you get to choose shape, material and finish. The walnut effect one is a very basic one, price for one like that should be in the region of 300. The very one in the picture is a prototype and I’m happy to sell it for 150 which is the cost of the material roughly.

Valentino

26 Likes

What an awesome idea! I’ve often thought of integrating storage into my board racks but I’m always too busy to do anything about it.

And yes, this is the right category.

4 Likes

Very nice looking! Personally wouldn’t be enough for me, but I already have a freestanding double sider.

The storage is great, excellent spot to put chargers and gloves and stuff.

1 Like

I want one… but i am in boston :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the positive feedback :pray:

These can be made of any size to fit as many boards as you might have, the walnut one will have a drawer under it, shipping outside of Europe might be a bit tricky, but I can look into it :grinning:

I’ll update with some pictures soon, putting led strips and drawer on the walnut one :wink:

2 Likes

This is super sexy, Nice work! Looks way too nice to be in my house.

3 Likes

Kind of reminds me of the shoe station things some people have at their doors except that the boards probably make it uncomfortable to sit on to put your shoes on. It does look very nice and like it could be a good solution for people who are renting and are too much of a coward to drill into their walls. Or an option for people who share living space with someone who doesn’t like the more industrial look of just hanging the boards on the wall.

Is the little storage area customizable too? If not it might be a good idea to see if you can add a drawer or just some dividers in it so that way it can be a better storage solution. Personally, I’m human trash and if I have storage like that then there is a 95% chance it will end up with me just shoving stuff in it with no organization. If it has the organization components built in then I’m civilized and will use them though.

1 Like

Those hardware store racks work great!

I don’t like how sharp they are though so I printed caps for them and used some adhesive neoprene foam.

7 Likes

that’s way better than RV water hose like I did.

2 Likes

All fully customisable.

The idea of these is to have a more elegant look, something that belongs in a living room, where one can choose the material, colours, and details.

1 Like