Stolen Prototype, Bay Area CA

Hey Folks. I haven’t been super active here as of late, but I figured I should help put the word out. Some of you would know that I work at an EV startup in Silicon Valley. Two weeks ago, we had one of two prototypes stolen from our main office in San Carlos CA, a block away from the CalTrain station.

Here’s a photo of our prototype:

Because this prototype isn’t fully developed, there is no easy way to charge it. I assume that whoever it ends up with would be a DIY’er, or that it ends up ditched on the road. That’s why I’m asking you guys in the community, if you see something please reach out to me. We are offering a $1000 reward to the first person to locate it resulting in successful retrieval.

Please spread the word throughout the local micromobility scene.

5 Likes

Great looking scooter… but I have to ask how in the hell did someone steal that. I’m assuming it would have been overnight because no way someone goes out in public with a prototype and leaves it for a bit without line of sight and easy means to get to it.

2 Likes

He walked down our driveway and into our shop space through the hangar door before turning it on and riding off. Neighbors caught him on camera riding off with it around 2:00 PM. The shop was nearly empty since this took place on the 5th.

4 Likes

Fair enough, hope you guys can successfully recover it. With how much prototypes of anything cost and the cost of development that can’t be cheap at all. Even furthered by the fact your willing to pay 1k for its successful return I bet it costs you guys quite a pretty penny.

2 Likes