Stickerbomb #f**kpushing fwd 33inch muirskate build

I saw someone on one of the Facebook groups that had made an enclosure out of LEGOs and super glued them all together.

3 Likes

That’s quite ingenious really. Must have been heavy af though

That would look kinda cool.

1 Like

It is striped black and white too and easily made to the proper size or adjusted

Well i spent some time cutting it down, heating it up and trying to shape it to the deck.
Might be as good as it gets. Wrapping it in carbon fiber would help it look more up to par with the deck.
Dosen’t fit nearly the amount of cells i want.
But the 12s2p fits nicely.

Its a random @psychotiller enclosure i got from @monsterbuilder

7 Likes

What if you got one of those mini VESC ?

Im sure you could fit that on top of the battery for more room.

2 Likes

Ive already got this dual maytech vesc. Don’t really have skateboard funds these days so im mostly working with what i have or can’t trade for. I’ve been lucky and had a few friends gift different enclosures. None quite fit yet.

I’ve got a 37 inche version of this deck (33) coming my way with 24ish rather than 17 inch wb. I think ill try and get the 60 cells on there.

Especially because i originally was gonna use this 12s2p on my green Skateshread deck. But i recently mounted all the riptide parts on that deck so the 12s2p needs a home.
I kinda wanna pull it apart and add 12 cells for a 12s3p. Think it would fit.

1 Like

I feel you man, Also with the short board I wouldn’t worry much about battery life.

Its kinda nice to have a nice light weight board for cruising short distance as I recently learned with my tayto build.

1 Like

I honestly enjoy riding short boards more.
I really want something i can go on long rides with. I’ve got the 6s3p riptide for a quick charge short range board.
I’d love to toss a meepo 10s2p in that.

1 Like

Damn a 12s6p/12s5p Tayto would be the perfect board.

Nice and short, carvey and fun. While having tons of range.

1 Like

Kydex isnt crazy difficult if you take the time to make a good form. I used thick sign foam that is easy to cut and sand to shape the box and used wood to make a piece that fits around form with enough room for kydex. Routing the edges helps get smooth uniform look. The only annoying thing is oven size limititations, both enclosures i made have a seam… buuut, they look good still

1 Like

I like a bit more kicktail than it has to offer

1 Like

So… i had this random enclosure with a built in heatsink.
Removed heatsink.

Cut mount area from old enclosure to use as clamp/ mounting brackets for heatsink.
Cut hole in enclosure.
Slapped it together

Ill mount vesc with heat transfer tape and probably toss some rubber over unused heatsink surface.

Still need gasket, should be here Wednesday.
And ill add one if not two more bolts on each side.

Battery will be attached with velcro to deck while vesc will obviously be mounted to heatsink on enclosure.
Need to figure out loopkey placement still.
Might try and do a carbon fiber wrap when im done.
Oh and i gotta seal the heatsink. Probably jbweld. Or silicone? Have both.

6 Likes

This. This 100%.

My other problem is that direct drive is waaaaay too wide. Front wheel drive seems the only sensible option left… because putting the motors inside the wheels is not sensible.

2 Likes

Most of his are out of stock, and I think there are long lead times on them. It may not be the most opportune moment for that.

2 Likes

That’s actually a really good idea. If only Legos didn’t cost more than enclosures. LoL :rofl:

2 Likes

@Skunk who makes this dual 4.12 vesc? I have not seen one before.

The kicktail / front wheel drive seems like a decent solution. I keep thinking about a functional kick tail but there always seems to be some downside to motor placement.

2 Likes

It’s a maybe 100a vesc

found out that the velcro just is as nice as the fucking glue that holds it to the deck, so its all shit this way. Use metal loops you can screw on the deck, then get the velcro through and your attachment will be rock solid.My hint:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
s-l300

2 Likes

yeah ahhaha…but you just have to steal them from your kids or even do a kindergarten robbery.

1 Like