stationary (non moving) start just makes the board jerk around

what’s happening here, got it like this, it’s a plutonium v2… it does not start from a standstill - it merely jerks around, if I kickpush a little all is good, bad for reverse though, who kick-pushes backwards :wink:

1 Like

Either sensors or programming
Does it come with a Bluetooth module of some sort?

1 Like

Sounds like a broken/unplugged sensor cable or your esc isn’t detecting the hall sensors for some reason.

Are you familiar with your esc enough to connect and get some info for us?

1 Like

I’m guessing you’ve just received this board?
Give @mackann a shout for some support before you start fiddling and possibly muck something up.

2 Likes

yes just received it, the gear backlash was kind of tiny at one wheel, it would barely rotate from a standstill, and when it did move it was clacky, rather loud. I thought some more grease would do, so put some molykote as the website states, it seems to be a little better but far from ideal. not sure what is wrong, @mackann has not responded yet. - the thing is it rides nice and I have no probs apart from the starting situation, kind of feels like the gears need time to be worn in (?)

well I did some of this stuff with a v1 plut, it turns out one needs an android phone or all kinds of weirdness ensues, the iphone app of vesctool is as unreliable as the mac app, but I will get an android phone soon-ish. the remote is also new, could it be it’s not well adjusted to the also new esc yet? bio does not test the boards after building as customers prefer mint condition ones, well should have communicated I’d have preferred a tested one, meh :wink: apart from that it’s a speed demos with 0 wobbled, kind of dangerous going 60kph without any hint of anxiety or stress. it must be the wider wheelbase or the new kenda wheels, meh, I like it.

2 Likes

The Bioboards come with a metr dongle installed, which is native on IOS.

At leat they did, can’t find any metr reference on the plut 2 site.

DIfferent topic @mackann i would highly appreciate if your website wouldn’t auto start blasting your windy ride video in my face.

1 Like

yeah well it wants the code to connect via metr (CAN) but I have no response from support yet at all. sent email and DM on here. so anyone on board with the “break-in” theory? is this safe to be kept ridden?

Try here.

Hi, i will reply to your mail. We normally don’t work on the weekends.

2 Likes

Yes, they come with metr can or metr can + sd + gps depending on the options customer choose.

nah this is facebook, I avoid it like the plague.

1 Like

ok I got in touch, and will get into metr shortly, any instructions on what to look for & test there? it’s not the first time I used it btw.

ok I tried wiggling the sensor cables and playing with the throttle, this did not affect the behaviour at all, now I am in metr app, which infos do you need? is there a feature to export all settings? a log mode?

Since you bought a prebuilt from a well respected member here, I’m going to refrain from offering advice for the time being and let @mackann guide you since it is his baby and he knows all the ins and outs.

If you still can’t get it sorted, circle back.

2 Likes

yeah sure, this is the second but likely the last board from bio, not sure why they get so much respect, does probably not need much to earn it around here… see this video, it came like this. circle back pensaki. :slight_smile: and then one can not even call them, have no telegram support channel meh. I guess nobody around here buys completes anyway. I mean this could be solved within one call between two intelligent individuals instead of gruesome email comms, and yeah, telegram calls are encrypted by default, and ppl still use zuccbook jesus christ I must be in the wrong community. :wink:

watch this:

lol

so I guess what happened was this: box came with board and extras (extra bushings and tyres) loosely thrown into the empty spaces of the box, so maybe some tires might have hit on this port during shipping and it got loose like shown in the video, I mean is this the kind of shipping care from a premium brand? … with my last board the hangers got loose from going offroad too much, they told me it (AT) was meant to be ridden on streets, oh what are street wheels for then. I guess I should start building boards myself is this is the level of care you guys require to get respected in this “scene”…

1 Like

It’s shockingly refreshing when you stumble across one of these rare gems still. Bless them.

I’m not a meter user but personally, I would record/screenshot all my existing settings, rerun motor detection and see if the sensor wires fail to detect on one side or both. If only one side, I’d swap motor and sensor cables from side to side on the esc and see if the issue follows the esc port or the motor itself. If it follows the esc, it points to an issue there. If it follows the motor, it could be a problem in the cabling or with the sensor pcb itself (inside the motor). I would then use my multimeter to run a continuity check between both ends of the sensor cable in question (while unplugged) to make sure it is making a good connection.

If it were me of course.

With metr you can do motor and sensor detections separately, per each vesc and you still can cancel the detection after it is done so you don’t overwrite anything.

2 Likes

Man that’s really nice. I think freesk8 can do that too but I haven’t had to reprogram my esc since installing :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

well I’ll unscrew the battery enclosure now to see how things look inside, then I’ll do the continuity checks of the sensor connectors, I think they might have connectivity issues, wouldn’t be the first time with connector types like these, as they look similar to some audio connectors I use frequently. metr app fails to forward (share) any telemetry recordings I made cause of a undescribed bug, I merely get a question mark when trying to “upload” why the fuck do I need to upload anyways? how about save as a zip or something…jesus christ. sry my patience is usually not high with things that should “just work”…