SRB V-5 Chromoly tube chassis Inquiry

You have any pics of a bull gear that has been run for 100s of miles?

@Cyanoacrylate needs a clean n lube.
Some time on this one.

2 Likes

An enclosed version of this would be dope

8 Likes

with the wheel to gear size given here there is low clearance. The extra drag of the gd bearings is not acceptable for SRB I assume.

2 Likes

Yeah but what about people that want to daily their race board? And are willing to compromise?

3 Likes

I doubt given it is not in Moe’s use/interest as well as the BN-AT for SRB NKP being available at some point soon-ish @Boardnamics update on that?

3 Likes

2 weeks around

8 Likes

any updates on what the pricing would look like for a set of 4 “tires” plus hubs?

2 Likes

Got my machine guy the drawings. He is dragging his feet on the machine costs for the hubs. Im hoping a full set of hubs with a $200.00 bolt up ready retail number. Wheels are 61.usd per wheel.

3 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks for the update. To clarify, what material are the hubs made of? I can’t really tell from the pics, but it looks to me like maybe the hub is a plastic one you get from bishop, and then there’s some kind of metal “hubcap” on one side? Will you be selling the hubs without the hubcaps? Lastly, will it be possible to swap the tires on the wheels ourselves, or will we have to send them in to be changed?

1 Like

This is the wheel. Rubber over foam on Nylon6 rim. Tire and rim is one piece. The center insert is an aluminum add on piece.

This is the hub. Aluminum with 28x8x10mm bearings with Al spacers.

8 Likes

#2.

11 Likes

Have you had a chance to see how these wheels preform on wet roads? You think they’d still be alright, even though they have no tread?

4 Likes

Damn, @fessyfoo ’s number 2 will always be in number 1’s shadow

still hurts I beat you yesterday huh. :smiley:

03 is the magic number.

4 Likes

Harfang does custom wheel work
jusayin

1 Like

Oh interesting I’d never heard of them. Basically they will just cut a tread pattern into whatever wheels you want? Seems like they only do urethane wheels tho. @MoeStooge you think cutting grooves into these wheels would seriously damage them in some way or degrade their performance?

1 Like

:persevere::expressionless:

1 Like

quote=“system, post:1, topic:292”]
Typically, I try to avoid riding in wet conditions, but I took these wheels out for a few runs after some rain, and I was thoroughly impressed. The wheels still felt very well planted on the wet asphalt and didn’t have that glassy feel that urethane can get on wet roads. This was a great aspect as I use my boards to commute, and I hate that slip and slide feel at 7:30 in the morning on my way to work.

6 Likes

[quote=“Cyanoacrylate, post:117, topic:54273”]
Seems like they only do urethane wheels tho. @MoeStooge you think cutting grooves into these wheels would seriously damage them in some way or degrade their performance?
[/quote].

I wouldn’t groove these

Hope to have tread and off-road tread availability as demand dictates.

7 Likes