SR-71 Bluebird | Hummie | 110 Artic Blues | 12s7p 30Q

Lol yeah. I’m gonna have a bunch of leftovers too, maybe I can use them in one of my other boards.

Need to get longer kingpins for the BustinWheel build too now that I think of it

1 Like

Considered split angles?

I crashed about a year ago at about the same speed and instinct tried to run it off. Not a good move.

Split angles helps

1 Like

Yeah I think 35 back 50 front will be good for me, I don’t think 45 front is necessary, I don’t wanna go 50, just <35 or so

1 Like

Split makes all the difference. My piece of junk test board has all reasons to be unstable yet is somewhat stable because I have my 40/50 split trucks on it. Still not 40mph capable but 25-30 feels fine.

3 Likes

Hm sounds like a good idea to me. How much height do you lose going from 50 to 35 though? Or 50 to 40?

Also is it still maneuverable at lower speeds?

It will turn less sharply, as rear truck gets less and less turn as it gets closer to zero degrees.

That is a trade off for stability and less prone to speed wobbles.

Can compensate a bit by running a bigger angle for front truck.

1 Like

Oh thanks for the link, yeah I figured that would be the case, but I guess as long as my bushings are the right hardness, it should still be maneuverable

1 Like

Time for some positive news! The board runs great! I’m placing the order tonight for a bunch of riptide gear to make the ride more stable, so I’m looking forward to that.

Here’s the strava data from the very first ride, started at 4.09v/cell, did 6.30 miles, and ended at 4.07v/cell. Definitely a crusing ride, but stoked about the range results here.

Today I went downtown for a group ride with the San Diego esk8 group, bunch of different boards, had a great time. We did a pretty lesuierly ride, 8.86 miles.

Here’s some pics

So interesting issue here. The ride today was with my metr pro, but it really didn’t track much. I don’t know what was going on, but it seems like it was only connected for a little bit.

@rpasichnyk Do you need to keep the app physically open on Andriod for it to continue tracking? I don’t think I did anything wrong, I opened it up at the beginning of the ride, and was hoping that it would just automatically track, which I think it did for a tiny bit, but no data was recorded.

I honestly don’t know what to make of this data…

I rode for quite some time, then opened the app again and it wasn’t doing anything. The little packet notification was just solid with nothing happening and it was stuck. Who knows. Hopefully next ride it won’t be glitchy like this. If anyone knows what could be happening here, I’d be happy to listen.

Some news on the MakerX. No issues at all so far, all my power has been smooth, and with the heatsink it only maxed out at 48 c on this ride. It was pretty nice out though and I wasn’t stressing it too much.

5 Likes

Heal up bro! Was there much damage to the board?

This serves as a timely reminder for me to take it easy on the TB110 thaned Hummie I bought from @UKrider when it gets here.

It’ll be a new-to-me deck and I haven’t had a thane esk8 before, so plenty to be careful about.

3 Likes

Thanks! Getting there. Fortunately, the only damage was a scrape in the 10Awg solid copper of the loop key, no other damage at all.

Yeah I mean it’s awesome, great stuff, just too many new things and not hard enough bushings, that’s all. After riding today, I know I made the right decision with this board and I’m just super excited to ride this all the time. The 110’s keep up on the street with the pnummies for the most part, you just need to be aware that you’ll feel holes and bounce a little more. However, you really feel connected to the ground too.

Now I just need to make the rattles go away lol I may end up using silicon on the batteries and try to pot them in enough so nothing rattles. I hate rattles so much loll

2 Likes

Dooooo eeeeet.

/edit Glad it didn’t affect you much mentally.

1 Like

Haha the only concern is removing them for maintenance if they need it, but I would rather have a harder time then if I needed to for some reason and not have rattling now.

1 Like

Also remember rattling means vibration, which is the enemy of reliability.

1 Like

Exactly, I’m going to open it up tomorrow. I think part of it is the MakerX heatsink hitting my enclosure, the screws all around still need more loctite too somehow. I’ve already re-applied it twice, but they keep eating it up.

The other part may be the batteries hitting the deck through the thin foam layer I put in

1 Like

Your board looks sick by the way, can’t wait for mine to arrive. I don’t know why it took me this long to arrive at this place. That is, a wide longboard with microdrop and big thane.

2 Likes

Thank you! I love how it turned out. It’s the perfect deck for me, great foot stance, nice and wide, super comfortable.

1 Like

Oof, i hope you are okay. I think im running two caliber 44 baseplates with boardnamics 220s and purple nipples on a loaded vanguard, been very stable at 50km/h (its only 10s so it does not go faster) it steers well, but 180 degree turns are very hard.

Hope you are not too afraid rn, some roadrash is part of the fun :wink:

1 Like

Thanks haha yeah I will most likely be switching my rear baseplate to a 40 degree or 35 degree one for more stability in the future.

I’m actually totally fine, just recovering from some of the scrapes still. The one on my hip is particularly annoying lol

I’m not too afraid, I just don’t want to go much over 25 with the setup as it is right now. Fortunately that is enough for most of the rides I go on currently.

2 Likes

I was running caliber 44’ base plates in the front and back on my first build. Got speed wobbles constantly. When I switched to SR trucks I decided to try split angle baseplates. I’m running 50’ in the front and 35’ in the back. Needed a small riser to get the two trucks to sit at identical heights. It’s been by far the most stable setup that I’ve ever had. Since then I’ve been able to loosen up the trucks to carve harder. No speed wobbles, even at my fastest speed (around 32 mph).

2 Likes

Nice! The only downside for me of going to a shallower angle in the back is I’d have to switch to top mount, which isn’t the end of the world but it completely changes the style