Spray Painting and Fritting a Deck

I love it.

3 Likes

I really like the moon surface look :rofl:

1 Like

that is what i call ‘‘a pinch of salt’’ frit lol

I made the mistake of adding another coat to lock in the frit and I did it in my room. Of course dog hair got all over it so I spent a good 20 minutes picking it off before it dried. Think I got it all and the glass is nice and stuck to the board. Gonna get to try it out this weekend, I might need to add more glass though.

3 Likes

:rofl: nice

Bet you couldn’t do that effect again lol.

I love it, it looks great.

1 Like

Did you do it on the floor or on a table?

1 Like

Table. The stuff just floats around in the air. Unavoidable but I was tired and didn’t want to go outside. Lesson learned.

What is left over will give your feet a nice carpet like feel when you ride it barefoot.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I grew up in a house with a million cats and dogs, I can just imagine. I’m first researching fritting my Prototipo deck now. I had dismissed the idea but now I think it’s the direction I want to go. I’m reading through this forum and the guides and we’ll see. Have you heard of this product? https://www.lucidgrip.com/collections/product/products/lucid-grip-medium Seems to offer an ‘out of the box’ solution. Would love to know if anyone has used it.

1 Like

@Saturn_Corp also love your logo… my first car was a Saturn lmao

1 Like

Never tried Lucid but I’ve heard it looks OK if a bit cloudy but isn’t all that durable or grippy. A large part of the reason why people prefer frit I think. It’s fairly simple to do with the spar 'thane. If you have a spare piece of wood you can use it as practice when applying frit nice and even. I sprinkled it on a credit card from a height to distribute it fairly evenly.

The car is a LN 100 with a tailgate that has no reflectors and added spoiler option. It’s good car (it’s not), yes it is, that may or may not be my death if ever it crashes. Hence why I choose to ride less dangerous esk8boards.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I might forgo the lucid grip then and try one of the guides. Although Lucid makes a glow in the dark frit that I might just have to try since it goes with my board’s theme super well. I actually loved my Saturn, it was a SL Sport (also with spoiler and sunroof), and manual trans. Of course any kind of long road trip was super uncomfortable and after only 30k miles the engine explodes.

The frit is nice however the application of it is severely flawed. It has 2 spritzing bottles that has an adhesive and a drying agent I believe. From the old long closed down silverfish longboarding forum. Everyone who had tried it had to re grip it in a short amount of time. The shaker is a nice shaker that has fine holes for the fine frit to be easily distributed around the board. I would use the brushed on technique discussed on this thread as it is a known working and long lasting solution.