Spot-Welder recommended choice by community?

Dammit i shoulda just bought one of them. Will see how my two go in parallel, i think i was getting about 1050a out of just the one.

2 Likes

@RAZerBlade go with the graphene, its not that much more expensive and appears to be superior

To be honest ones you parallel them I don’t think you will see the difference it will ba a 10ah 130c so 1300a rated and I think you be at the 1500a sweet spot when testing it. Let me know what you amps are when you do interested to see what the difference is.

Rember the unit will go in to safe mode if your supply delivered over 2000a

I made a XT90 splitter and that got fare hotter than any thing else at high jules settings or at speed. I then made a dule XT90 to XT150 using AWG10 cable same as on the battery’s and put a XT150 on the welder with AWG8 cable. it’s considerably cooler but is still the warmest part of my set up. A better option is to add a 2nd input plug bolted on to the welder but I thort the temp was ok with the XT150 and I didn’t want a live plug floating around when I used battery or the k caps.

Just a friendly heads up of what I found when converting to dule battrys

1 Like

@BillGordon i reckon a few of these posts deserve to be merged over to the kweld thread :+1:

At least german quality in case of the kWeld

Thanks to all.

So it will be the kWeld with the Graphene battery pack.

Which charger would you recommend for the Turnigy Graphene Panther 6000mAh?

If you plan on making 10+ batteries kweld is a must, if not you will be just as fine with the cheaper welders

3 Likes

Mine has paid for itself already :rofl:

5 Likes

i hope thats for solar and not a skateboard :rofl:

1 Like

Some people uses car batteries and relays for spot welding. What do you think of that, anybody experienced it ?

Thank you Acido. So it will be a Kweld.

2 Likes

Guys what lipo charger do you recommend me for that lipo battery?

@RAZerBlade I liked iCharger 208B. Worth the added cost.

1 Like

Yes yes

Sunnko? No no.

3 Likes

I quite like my ISDT Q6 Pro I power it with a mean well 12v 150w DC PSU. Very good charger but proberbly overkill if you only charging this battery. It’s more of a portable charger that you charge little battery’s of a large one if you were in to flying drones or some other RC hobby’s

It will charge any thing up to 6s at 14a but you need a XT60-XT90 adapter

There is cheaper options out there that would be fine and proberbly as good but can’t say iv used them so not the best Persion to ask

1 Like

Thanks @Darkie02, great information you gave me there. But you might be right, probably overkill as I am planning on only charging my lipo for the kWeld with it… I am thinking… But a good option, thank you :slight_smile:

The standard good cheap charger is the skyrc imax b6. Try to get a real one and not a fake. There’s almost no price difference, and some of the fakes can be not good.

There’s a version that has ac-dc built in. It’s slow but cheap and convenient.

There are known a “4 button chargers”.

EDIT it’s crazy, hobbyking sells both real and fake. The fake has “(Copy)” in the title.

Note: if you would prefer to purchase the genuine IMAX B6AC charger please search for SKU: 9052000068-3

2 Likes

Definitely for a skateboard. Let me know whats wrong with it so i dont burn it to the ground :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awesome thank you @deucesdown, I will order one today, can I just use a standart laptop charger for it?

I will try to find a deans to xt60 adapter to connect the charger to the lipo pack.