Split Decision | 4WD IDEA Split Angle Build

Have you considered putting the electronics in a small top mount enclosure like the Step Bro build, so the bottom tray is just battery space?

1 Like

Im wanting to avoid topmount enclosures. Ive done it before, but i think it looks cheap.

3 Likes

After about two hours fucking around in CAD and chatting with the only battery builder i know that would put up with my stupidity/abition :rofl: (thanks @slizer18 )

14S5P staggered layout, while still retaining two internal D100S ESC’s. Has to use custom cell holders, custom nickel tabs, and the ZBMS has to be integrated in underneath the pack in between the groups and will have to be modified to fit, but… it should work?

5 Likes

Bro this build is bloody bonkers! Sweet layout with the staggered battery, using the brackets as heatsinks for the esc’s is beautiful. Are you concerned about vibrations?

The Idea deck and brackets are a beautiful setup, I’ve been riding it for the past week and love the drop down and stable base, but for me the deck platform isn’t long enough for a comfortable high speed stance, my feet always hang over onto the brackets. How have you found the riding experience?

1 Like

For vibrations, we’ll have to see what i have space to put more damping in for haha. Ideally after running the SR125’s it won’t be too bad. I’ll probably make the cell holders out of some sort of TPU. Might also end up putting some kind of rubber pad between the deck and brackets to also absorb some.

As for the stance, i’ve always found it adequate. Sure, it could be longer, but then you’d be taking away from the nimble ride feel it has, which i feel is great and one of the bonuses. Compared to my nazare, i actually find the IDEA setup preferable and much more nimble. Then again, i’m not that tall of a guy, so maybe it’s less of an issue for me lol.

2 Likes