Split angle set up for a fast board

I know this topic has been talked about a lot, and I’ve browsed almost all of the mega-threads, but I cannot make a final decision as to what I should run.

My board is an evo falcon 40, which is 10 degree dewedge in the rear, and 10 degree wedge in the front. My trucks are currently the TorqueBoards 218, and I have to keep the hanger. I’m planning on replacing all my bushings and pivot cups with riptide 96a, prob barrel/barrel in the front, and barrel/chub (chub boardside) in the rear.

My real question is what angles should I be shooting for to achieve a rock solid build. My board will easily go 30 mph, it feels like it wants to go 40 mph. End goal is to feel rock solid at 35 mph.

Finally, it seems like randal 35s, caliber II 44s, and then the stock 50s are my three main options. Are there any compatibility problems with randalls or caliber IIs?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Randals fit caliber geometry you’re good.

1 Like

Thanks, thats really good to know

Alright, I might go for randel 42s , to make the final set up 52/32

1 Like

Thanks for the help. Are you using riptide pivot cups and bushings?

2 Likes

Nice. Since I’m running torque board 218s front and back, I’m definitely going to replace the pivot cups front and back. BTW I dm’d you on esk8 builders about this topic, but you can just ignore that now.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind, so I can hop back on my board and feel safe

1 Like

We’ll I was directed here, so everything worked out :).

3 Likes

I have a set of 35/42/50 Randel base plates… brand new… I am not using them if your interested

1 Like

I was looking to get a set of 2 randall rII black 42 baseplates. Lmk if you can hook me up. Link

1 Like

I’ll be running 35 rear on my Evo, with the dewedge it will be 25 or so, and 50 upfront dewedged to stay 50.

50 front/35 rear has always served me well though.

3 Likes

Generic question:

Running lower angle in the back vs. just using firmer/tighter bushing in the back.
Seems like the goal is the same. How will the result differ though?

I understand the difference in physics, I meant the real world riding dynamics :stuck_out_tongue:

Try it and report back. It’s always good to have more experience trying different things.

Ime, it still feels as twitchy as having two 50° trucks, until you start to carve, and then you start to feel the restriction. Wobbles for me tend to happen going straight, so the still slight twitchiness of having the same high turning ratio in the rear means watch out for spontaneous wobbles still.

Depending on the bushing compound and how much rebound it has, bushings can play a huge part in increasing stability / decreasing wobbles. So, they are not to be taken out of the equation. But just changing the bushings doesn’t seem to have the same impact as reducing the amount of turn the truck is capable of via dewedging. Dewedge, and you can reduce or eliminate that twitch feeling that harder or lower rebound bushings can’t as much.

1 Like

Is there a differences between angled trucks and boards that change the angle?

Why get a split angle board when There are split angle trucks?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Sorry for the late reply… I have one each of the 35/42/50 baseplates…

2 Likes

how much do you want for the whole lot?
or how much each… I’d like the 35 and 42 but will take them all if the price is good… I’m in So. Cal.

i’ve been eyeballing a used Evo 41 and reading this earlier today, just throwing it in for debate

(ok to post links from that place ?)

lower ride height is the first thing i would think of, why do it with risers if you know beforehand what you want out of it

I have an evo awd. 28 rear angle 50 front and it’s fuckin amazing. 40mph easy not even the slightest wobble. And I can actually turn lol.

4 Likes