Spitfire - Switchblade 40"/97mm/6374/Unity/10s4p30Q

I’ve been working on this build for a few months now and it’s starting to look like it’s near finished so I thought I’d share it to open up the discussion to make it even better!
I am intending to upgrade to 6" AT wheels soon once I extend the wheelbase to give clearance. I’ll also be eventually switching out the enclosure so I can house 4x FOCBOXES and lipos for 4x4 action.
This is the board I will likely race on this summer in the Evolve German world cup and in France for the it’s electric race. If it’s serious AT, me and Luke Pepper from Street Wing are working on something for that.

13 Likes

what lipos are you planning on converting to?

Nice looks solid, my switchblade is about to hit the street too. How do you like the deck?

Is this your first build? I’m interested in what influenced your decisions on the various parts – it’s quite diverse :smiley:

Btw, what’s keeping that nose guard from falling off? Glue?

Best deck in 18 years of skating

3 Likes

No I’ve built a few boards, I worked for a few companies too so I have some parts I transfer around different setups. I have 3 boards at the moment and maybe 3 more in parts that I’ll get to :stuck_out_tongue: I like to race competitively and every part of this deck was chosen for racing. It’s not done yet but is riding very well so far. Urethane is not very competitive so next step of converting to AT will be a bit of work. I’m upgrading to 12s Lipos aiming for 200a continuous output, currently only putting out 70A so 200A with 4x4 with make a huge difference. Got the flipsky sparkswitch and a new BMS on the way as the Raptor one always fails on me.

2 Likes

There are a few options, it depends on the dimensions of my next enclosure but possibly 4 3s packs with total 200a continuous

1 Like

First outing at the evolve cart track evening?

Can’t tell from the pics but I can’t stress enough how amazing riptide bushings are. It feels like you’re carving on a baby’s butt

2 Likes

Indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

keep in mind these balance boards for the build. they may make life a lil easier :yum:

1 Like

This looks great, would be brilliant if they where flexible, even the same concept but more like a wiring loom

1 Like