Spiral Bevel Gears Drive

These look great. I love the fact that these can be used on narrow trucks. @MorrisHsu: Are there plans for supporting Kegel core wheels?

Someone should throw a pair of 63100 motors on a board with these gears just for the ridiculousness of it. It would look like duel exhaust lol.

2 Likes

No Sensors image

Although I could buy one and see if I can bodgewire some hall sensors in there.

I read somewhere the reason APS doesn’t come out with a sensored version is because there’s not enough space for the sensor PCB…

Or maybe @torqueboards can hook me up with some of the sensor PCBs used in his motors, since I know those are more space efficient than APS’s sensor PCBs.

2 Likes

What if I told you whatever motors you desire can be sensored?

Just get yourself a few like minded individuals and use your ali fu.

5 Likes

What type of paint do you use for those red & black parts, anodized to red & black ? They look really good :+1:

1 Like

Arguably the most reliable motor in esk8 history.

Comes factory with skinny phase wires that can heat up on full brakes. Comes with no sensors
And keys. Forgot that one.

These little darlings come with 10awg silicon phases, 5.5mm bullets and sensors for all you non skaters and keys for all you non 680 believers.

Ali fu.

8 Likes

Well that was random…

2 Likes

I will make the Kegel core wheel. It is within the plan.

1 Like

Those custom sk3 are only available through group buys right?

1 Like

The production of the person is now being booked, but I have increased the number of direct purchases.

1 Like

I use anodized red and black

Update ~~~
Bergmeister Adapter has been completed
3D print version is just a test, I will use aluminum

18 Likes

Omg! This is amazing! How much do you plan to charge for the adapters? I am more interested in using bergmeister wheels then abec ones!

2 Likes

Get an adapter for free when you buy a gearbox

9 Likes

That looks absolutely beautiful, I want these NOW!

Just curious, so the reduction is 2:1, this means low KV motors will need to be used, are there any plans for higher reductions?

There is currently no plan for a higher gear ratio, so a low kv motor may be used.

1 Like

Point if seemingly random @Myke was that any motor in any config is available to any of us if you hit up the factory that produces them and all those factories are on the Ali website. Just find the right supplier and hit them up for a moq. Not really random but informative I thought. Maybe its just me.

2 Likes

Yup, and Alien Power Systems does kv requests, too.

Im debating getting the 63100s for this gear drive. Im almost positive I will now that I can use bergmeister with it now.

Took this picture last week at the event in SF.

@Dareno

@sofu

34 Likes