Spintend Uni1 Questions

Can i split throttle and telemetry on the Uni1 Like you can on the VX4 with PPM and UART mode?

They’re split as in you can have PPM control while the telemetry shows up on the remote using UART. I ran it for a while, but I forgot how to enable it. I think you just have both open and it somehow figures it out?

1 Like

So to be clear i can split Throttle to PPM and Telemetry to UART with the Uni1 Right?

My guess would be when you set PWM+UART on the VESC it takes PWM signal as priority. I also think on a dual setup one esc would take PWM in and have BT module out on UART, and the other esc would connect to remote UART.

1 Like

Yep!

Dope! How was your reliability with the Uni1? Any dropouts ever? especially in big cities?

Nothing to write home about. Never had any disconnects, but the biggest city I’ve used it in is DC which isn’t super dense. Battery life isn’t great though, the 330mAh battery is only good for a handful of rides before it needs charging compared to something like the VX4 which has a 1200mAh battery.

2 Likes

never had a cutout in my 2k miles or so using uni1 and BKB voyager remote (Spintend hardware)

including seattle rides with ~200 ppl

2 Likes

Dope. i just bought a uni1 and a usplit. thanks for the help guys.

2 Likes