Spintend Ubox 75/200 dual motor controller / The budget high voltage esc alternative?!

What issues did you have with other remotes?
I use my Hoyt puck without issues so far. Nothing different from any other esc.

@xsynatic or @jamie could you please close this thread or put it together with the other UBox thread.

I think the other is more often used and like this it’s confusing and just does split the information.

2 Likes

I only used one until it burned down. Not sure why it did so, not interested in testing any other units

1 Like

@Skyart Has somebody found out what caused your unit to burn out. Did you sent your unit back to the producer?

2 Likes

I did send it back. Not sure if they got it yet

2 Likes

Hi,
I help a friend building his eFoil. He was planning using a Flipsky.
Thanksfully, I arrived right on time before he triggers the purchase button. :grin:

I was thinking at the Spintend but for matching his specs, the only thing missing (or not ?) is the special FW for converting the 2x100A into a 1x200A.
Is such a FW (like done on Stormcore) does exist for the Spintend Ubox 75/200 ?

EDIT : @Manu39 is the guy BTW

2 Likes

If you mean the Super single firmware that is only works on single MCU controllers like Unity/Xenith, Stormcore. I think Sprintend is dual MCU.

edit: yeah looks like it wont work on Sprintend.

2 Likes

Oh yes ! I completely forgot that is related to the single MCU… :man_facepalming:
Thanks for this hint !

I think @Manu39 will go for a VESC 100/250 then (the new Maytech watercooled 85V/300A is crazy expensive, $700 for a VESC… they lost their mind).

3 Likes

trampa 75/300?

efoil?

No, the 100/250A.
He doesn’t need 300A (max 150-175 during take off) and the 75/300 and 100/250 are at the same price.
Better get one more recent and more futureproof.

Yes

2 Likes

yes fair enough
never really looked into efoil but i assumed you need more amps
why not a stormcore on super single?

Yeah why not ! It seems to be the best option.

1 Like

dunno if that was sarcasm or not?

No, it wasn’t. Just, I don’t have the feeling that a SC suits perfectly an eFoil build.
But it’s a good option financially.

1 Like

Question, can I seperate the spintend dual into (2) single escs?

1 Like

I believe they are working on a single unit. Although with the kaly using a custom spec spintend their own project may have been delayed.

4 Likes

Is it just me or did the price go up decently? Looks like they are no longer offering the unit packaged with remote, and it went from $249 to $299. Remote is an extra $50. The ESC + remote combo was $279 if I remember correctly.

No shade here. I know things are getting more expensive due to material cost - just wish I had known :frowning:

1 Like

They posted on instagram, maybe also sent an email or something announcing price hikes may 1st. Can’t warn everyone I guess

2 Likes

Good to know and good on them. Just gave them a follow. Thanks!

1 Like

Material costs getting everyone tho. Expect price hikes of 10-25% on nearly every electronic component we use. :expressionless:

1 Like