Spintend Ubox 75/200 dual motor controller / The budget high voltage esc alternative?!

I was just doing a simple calculation.

People use 12S on 60V parts.

12S * 75V / 60V = 15S

8 Likes

Just ordered one with “XYZ” 10% discount code :+1:

3 Likes

Wow! Can’t beleave I missed this thread! Looks really interesting and that pricepoint is great! Hoping to get some good feedback from whoever gets one.

4 Likes

Seems like a small batch is ready for sale.
They do only small batches to get more feedback and to get along with the hand assembly. Those esc are definitely still only beta units in my opinion.

About the cut outs @natebolo just dropped that without to go more in detail, which is sad, because it’s always good to know the origin.
How ever the company told me that there was an issue in the first batch when the esc reached a higher temp and you accelerated or hit the brakes hard the esc did cut out.
This should be fixed in the current batch.

@Skyart I have two on order. Hope shipping doesn’t take ages. I will definitely will go through some testing and will write some feedback down here as well.

6 Likes

The seller sent me a MSG regarding cutouts that happened at high amp draws. Supposedly it’s solved through replacing a diode. They gave me the option of a partial refund and to send me the replacement diode or to ship it back and have the diode replaced at their cost.

They have been super responsive and seem to offer good customer service but as with any new Vesc there always seems to be small hiccups along the way. As long as the company is willing to address them properly and take responsibility for their mistakes I’m happy.

13 Likes

Let me link this thread here as well as it may answer many questions:

5 Likes

yes, it’s fixed now. we only shipped several pc out, all fixed.

2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

Please…
Anyone could give me a wirong diagram? Because i don t know how connect the cable of my e-bike…i must connect the brave for regeneration, the gas handle that isn t bluethoot and if It Is possibile a botton for disabile and enable the two motors…thanks a lot

13 posts were split to a new topic: don’t wire ADC to 5v

They lock great and are exactly what I’ve been looking for. Does anyone know of a European seller. I haven’t been able to find any

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Unnenoob !

These are very new on the market, as far as I know only seller is in China. But shipping was pretty quick to US.

2 Likes

Here we go again

22 Likes

‘VESC’ :point_up_2::grin:

…Ok, ok Frank … “Ubox” :wink:

2 Likes

The double VESC part has me dying

2 Likes

@Lee_Wright your thick brit accent sounds to me like ‘Vendetta’ :laughing: (when you mentioned Ben Vedder). Funny considering this whole Trademark™ issue is all about a single stupid letter V

Great Spitend review, as always :+1:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am on Europe and got it in less than 2 weeks. You can order from their website :wink:

1 Like

Are the cut outs now fixed?
And is the feedback good on these?