Spintend Efuse with Antispark Switch - Questions

I’m just finishing up with designing an enclosure for a new build and was planning on using the Spintend Efuse/Antispark in front of a D100s with the switch pins (GND + SWT) shorted so it’s always on then use the power button and roll/kick to power on feature of the Spintend switch rather than the D100s button since it lacks roll on for some reason. I need a fuse and should prob have an antispark anyway so I figured why not and bought one.

Questions are as follows:

1. Is the Spintend efuse shit?
  2. Is this a dumb idea?
  3. Is there a better way to achieve roll/kick to power on with the D100s?

Looks like a uni directional highside switch.

I’d be a bit concerned about leakage current but can’t say I’ve studied the design or tested the device :man_shrugging:

They claim 100uA tho, which should be decent enough.

Another concern is that since this isn’t a back to back switch it wont block bidrectional voltage over the switch.
Meaning current will flow through the body diode of the switch and potentially break it, even if switch is off.
Likely scenario to this would be rolling down a hill when board is “off” or charging.

1 Like

Appreciate the response! I don’t think there would ever be a scenario with this board in which I would be rolling down a hill without the board being powered on.

With that being said, the roll to power on feature works by checking for a rise in voltage (3v), which I’m assuming could be achieved with a kick on flat ground.

If there are otherwise no red flags or people with a poor experience using it, then I might as well give it a go.