Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Yes, that solved everything for me :wink:

1 Like

uggghhhhhh… Still doesn’t work, but now something happened during motor detection and the v2 turned off and won’t stay on when I hit the switch. It looks like it wants to stay on, and even connects to the remote, but as soon as take my finger off the button it switches off. I’m about $750 deep in V2s paperweights right now… Not the way to start a long weekend.

Make sure the Bluetooth module’s TX is going to the Spintend’s RX.

TX/RX goes to RX/TX

You can flash as many times as you want. Won’t hurt anything.

If your firmware isn’t sticking, go to the bootloader tab and upload that.

Thanks, I’ll check it out, but it’s the least of my problems now… I’ve literally unplugged everything but the pack and switch and it won’t stay on anymore when I hit the switch. Even tested it with a different ubox switch.

It turned on and stayed on… Thank god! I can’t take much more of this…

1 Like

HAHAHAHA they actually listened to me, follow the guide and they might follow the warranty if it catches fire.

1 Like

Why hasn’t this esc been added to the official vesc tool yet? @Deodand @vedder

1 Like

thanks, it’s updated.

Hi, Guys
:pray:Hope you’re all well, :point_down: :blush: recently we received some feedback about ubox v2, eg. like the 5.3firmware happens ABS over current, and burn case during update firmware or foc detection. we’re very caustious to check it and investigate with our customer, finally we got some conclusions. Details please refer to this blog

@luastoned thanks for post it there. yes, maybe we’re too slow to response everyone’s concern in forum in time, but we will update key information in our blogs or in youtube video(not too much), also please follow our instagram@spintendpower.Latest information will be highlighted there.

Any other key issues will be long term monitored since this is open source for diy(many uncertain factors), thanks for your feedback. Have a good day! :heart: :heart: :eyes:

4 Likes

Hope more people get attention on :point_down: :point_down: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
"How to correctly update firmware both customed and official one ?" and Check CORRECT FIRMWARE NAME FOR UBOX. it’s better to post directly here for the warning:

• Do not update the default firmware when prompted on the VEST tool, both PC and mobile edition, use Custom File mode instead.

• When update in Custom File mode, make sure the firmware is correct with it’s hardware.*

For example, the Ubox V2 100V firmware can not be used to update into Ubox V2 75V, so do the other firmware, such as 48, 60, HD 60 and so on.

• Suggest using VESC tool in PC, if you are using VESC tool mobile, please make sure do not update the default Firmware the tool prompted.
2 Likes

Received burned UBOX v2 sample( burning during FOC detection), luckily it can still be powered on and connected in VESC tool after only replacing with a power stage, agian, using wrong firmware for HW40(which is for vesc 4) :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

:sob: :sob:

10 Likes

Thought I’d give you guys an update on this. I gave it a rest and the following day the switch worked. I was probably so frustrated that I was holding the switch too long… I know, stupid… But I also updated the fw back to 5.3 using 3.01 and everything has gone back to working fine except for one thing, I can’t smart reverse to work. It’s a 16s7p Flux build and not having smart reverse is a PIA! Is there somewhere besides App config/vesc remote/smart reverse that I need to adjust?

Are you sure the brake/reverse deadzone is properly set?
I’ve noticed that before I adjusted mine, it would sometimes work, now it works all the time.

1 Like

I had an issue with this because of my remote calibration, in UART mode it was only going to -92%, calibrated it and it goes to -100% and smart reverse works great.

2 Likes

The default Smart Reverse Max Duty Cycle is 7%, which is not strong in some cases, try to set it a bit higher, like 50%, maybe it will make smart reverse work:

1 Like

if it’s UART control, same setting.

Try going forward and then stop then reverse. Smart reverse doesnt work from deadstop.

You are incorrect haha you can always use smart reverse from a deadstop on one that’s working properly

7 Likes

it absolutely does.

5 Likes