Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

It’s been pretty obvious since the very start, what would be the point in saying its in house anyway, they don’t have that ability afaik haha

Don’t know where you found that, again if you have a screenshot or something

4 Likes

Are you guys using a special FW for it?

1 Like

I can’t wait! When is it coming out?

3 Likes

Then been type C for a while now, no? The purple is new tho! Lol

4 Likes

Oh yes! I guess my old one was before they switched. Anyways there are more accessory ports? What is the NRF stuff for?

1 Like

it’s for NRF control

1 Like

well-no-fucking-shit-maximbady

12 Likes

Here’s an example of one

I believe the vx1/vx2 on UART are considered NRF remotes

1 Like

is the uni 1 remote using NRF? is it the same port as ubox v1 just the label is different? from what I understand now, NRF is a tool used in BLE communication. Are other remotes non-BLE (regular bluetooth) or just non-NRF?

do you have the merged 5.2 firmware for the micro usb R1 version?
Having issues with 5.2. no matter what I do the FOC detection does not yeild usable results. The motors make noise and i get ABS_OVER_CURRENT errors with no load while free spinning on the bench.
I was able to get 5.1 to work but that firmware keeps loosing my CAN Connection so i cant control the second motor until I plug in the pc and restore the config in VESC.
Also the mobile app doesnt work with 5.1

1 Like

can you make youtube vid of what that bad detection looks/sounds like?

1 Like

huh I saw no change from 5.2 to 5.1

I suppose I need to do more testing with the mobile app and firmware 5.1 my issue might be totally independent from the app…
So back story, I have a propel endeavor that I’m looking to upgrade down the line. So I figured the ubox was a good call. Factory vesc is a flipsky 4.2 running the latest 5.2 firmware and runs smooth as silk.
Got the ubox and it had firmware 5.01 or maybe it was 5 i don’t remember. I Installed the ubox and right away had issues with the FOC detection not completing so I tried a few times till it finished and noticed right away that my motors were cogging when trying to accelerate from a stop but okay when moving. When crusing on the test ride around the block I also noticed what felt like a stock throttle once and decided to end the ride. I figured why not update to the latest firmware that might solve my issues. So I downloaded the latest vesc tool and the most current 5.2 3.3volt R1(micro) 75v100amp firmware from the ubox site. Connected through USB to the pc, installed the firmware on both esc, that all went smooth. The vesc tool software confirms that I am running the latest 5.2 on both escs. So next I tried the foc detection and the wizard went smooth but when testing the acceleration I noticed noises from the motor that I never heard before. If I acceleration let off the throttle and accelerate again shortly after I throw a ASB_OVER_CURRENT fault sometimes on one motor sometimes on the other. So I figured I try manually entering in the r l and other motor values from the working 4.2… that didn’t work, then I saw that the bootloader could be messed up so I tried reinstalling the generic one in the vesc tool that didn’t work. I tried resetting all the values to default the. Running each motors detections separately that didn’t work. Then I saw someone said to try the 5.1 firmware so I did that and YES! I can finally get the FOC detection to work correctly and the motors to accelerate smooth a butter… nope now I have another problem. I keep loosing connection to the second esc. While testing the one motor even reved to full rpm and I couldn’t stop it until powering off the ubox. At this point I feel like I’ve tired everything except for a merged 5.2 firmware with the bootloader through swd program mode.
I’ve spent hours and hours trying to get this to work and am really losing patience. I absolutely cannot have a motor sticking to full rpm while riding.
YouTube of working 4.2 same battery and motors(I swapped back and forth to make sure I hadn’t smoked anything in the process)

Firmware 5.2 motor noises

Firmware 5.1 out of control CAN

Felt like a stuck* throttle so I ended my ride

I had this issue too, could you check the motor current in the VESC Terminal with live data?
Does your motor make a loud ticking noise when this happens?

1 Like

v2 is available

4 Likes

6 Likes

Yes it does

1 Like

@hardunclejohn is the new v2 ubox A.S.S compatible?

1 Like

Here is another good video of the issues I’m facing with ubox firmware 5.1 R1 100amps

2 Likes