Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Does any one ubox internal can bus work? Or do you mean both two ubox’s internal can bus not work?
Do you use the cab bus cable connection to test? Sorry please send me details in mail: spintend@outlook.com

2 Likes

managed to get to work by redoing bootloadert and firmware

5 Likes

Is it possible to use the timeout brake current setting with the uBox internal receiver? I had an incident where my board rolled away after I bailed and hit a pole.

When I enable this setting in VESC-Tool, it seems to only apply braking current if I turn on the ESC before the remote, and not if I have the remote connected and then turn it off. I’m using the remote in UART mode.

Hey,

I have voltage reading issue with both official and custom 75_300 5.2 firmware.
Anyone else ?
It was fine with 5.1 custom 75_300 firmware, I shouldn’t have change but the VESC “old firmware” message on VESC tool annoyed me…

2 Likes

may be the same issue i have
my metr is reading always like 3v above what the bms is reading
dunno if metr gets values straight from the vesc though

3v?? no way, show me proof. That’s crazy, mine has never been that high.

You can’t exaggerate when that’s like 20% of your battery life

1 Like

pic in the morning
often battery on metr says like 52.5v when its really 49.5v charged and things like that
dunno why it happens

1 Like

@ShutterShock here is the battery when nearing full charge
metr and bms

this ended up causing me the other day to overdischarge my battery all the way down to 2.6v a cell cause it didnt cutoff until then

That’s so weird. Must be a spintend thing, I’ve never seen my makerx be that far off, it’s usually within 5% difference

1 Like

yeah really annoying
using 5.2 firmware from his site
the no limits one as i have been recommended to use that

1 Like

I don’t know what’s going on with your ESC, but twice I’ve had an ESC (not a Spintend) reporting about 3V off (though, I think it was 3V low, not high) on the battery voltage, and both times a DRV popped not too long afterwards. :grimacing:

One was a 4.12 and one was a FOCBOX 1.3

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem with 0,2v difference per cell.
Can we have an answer please @hardunclejohn

1 Like

yeah hopefully that doesnt happen though as i havent run these to hard
maxed at like 30amps per side atm

I would definitely adjust your cutoffs by the error on the ESC reading. So if you want it to cut at 42V and the ESC is reading 3.0V high, then I’d set the cut at 45V

1 Like

thing is the reading changes sometimes it goes lower to like 1v or sometimes 3v so its hard to adjust the settings to that

@hardunclejohn do you know why i am getting this issue

1 Like

They are responding email really fast so I would recommend contacting them that way.

Not so often visiting forums…

6 Likes

Hey guys, Interesting issue here.

I used the auto connect feature in vesc tool and it connected in limited mode to VESC A.

Then I uploaded the Spintend firmware, no problems. Then when I run FOC setup from VESC A the motor attached to VESC B spins up but the motor attached to VESC A does not. And then the detection finishes and says “detection failed. No sensor detected”.

Then when I connect to VESC B and run FOC detection it again only spins up the motor attached to VESC B and successfully detects but shows the following message.

Success!

VESC ID : 51
Motor current : 74.79 A
Motor R : 10.70 mΩ
Motor L : 4.86 µH
Motor Flux Linkage : 3.92 mWb
Temp Comp : False
Sensors : Hall Sensors

VESCs on CAN-bus:

VESC ID : 70
Motor current : 60.00 A
Motor R : 15.00 mΩ
Motor L : 7.00 µH
Motor Flux Linkage : 2.45 mWb
Temp Comp : False
Sensors : Sensorless

Is this a SPINTEND issue? A me with VESC tool issue? or a Flipsky (6374 BH) issue?

Thank you.

I should also mention that when I swap the phase wires and the sensor wires to the opposite vesc and run detection, the opposite motor spins up this time. In both cases the detection shows the same success message with vesc 51 having hall sensors and vesc 70 not. Is this an Ubox internal can bus issue?

Try detecting each one by itself

Something is blocking the canbus.
In my case it’s Davega.
Try to scan canbus and you’ill see that it doesn’t detect the other vesc.
It works all good once I disconnect the Davega.

3 Likes