Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

For anyone with a bricked problem.
Thank you Andy.

1 Like

ok got esc working now i have motor id local and motor id 32 and 62 and vestool connects to both escs leds are lit 2 and 3 lit :).

could someone please tell me how to set up config ports on the remote really havnt got a clue what they all mean and not sure what should be on or off? im running two motors.

Motors not spinning when remote pressed, leds 2 and 3 are lit just not going bright green when remote is pressed?
Thought it was something to do with config port of the remote?

Motors are correctly wired as I have had A side working for a while so I tested both motors.

On the config section of the remote,
whats ppm to esc a or B mean?
whats uart to esc A, B
i have can bus on.

receiver is connected to esc have banded several times and it says connected

thank you

ok now got both working now thank you andy 87 send me this very helpful for someone who knows nothing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @hardunclejohn

Any plans on developing a single version of this controller, and if so when can we expect it to be available? Dont forget to add an IMU either, lots of people could use them for their diy onewheel or EUC.

2 Likes

Was also going to ask what to build a scooter :slight_smile: :grin:

Does anyone know what version the Android vesc app is on is it 2.06?

Thank you

3 Likes

Hi @hardunclejohn my spintend remote has just stopped working

It was working fine then I did calibration and now it just keeps putting the board into reverse and won’t let me change any settings on it
The thumb wheel doesn’t work also so I can’t use that to scroll in the settings menu and can’t use as throttle

Is there a way to reset the remote in some way?
Thanks

Lessons were learned here I reckon.

4 Likes

yep def

just to set throttle mid point
it comes under remote settings

any ideas what i can do?

cant be bothered opening my enclosure to install a vx2

1 Like

If the HALL of the remote control is not failed, the calibration is improper, causing the firmware to store the wrong knob data.
If you can’t enter the setup menu, the firmware usually judges that the knob is not in the middle position. Therefore, if you try the angle of the knob slowly and carefully, and deceive the firmware, press the setup button at the same time. There may have chance to enter in menu setting. And if you tried it, still not ok. we’ll send you a new replacement.
I’m very sorry, ignored the resetting settings in such status.

3 Likes

will consider to make single version. thanks for your suggestion, IMU is considered to added. what other spec do you have for diyonewheel? eg. the voltage , the current
and hard to say a available time now. 100v and bms also take me too much time. i will speed up asap.

6 Likes

The onewheel V1 and Plus are 14S LiFePo4 @ 50.4V and the Pint and XR are 15S Li-ion @ 63V.
This would mean a single version of the ubox rated for 75V and 80A or 100A would be fine for most people. The built in IMU is crucial as it frees up a UART port so people can use a bluetooth module or datalogger.

As for extra’s:

• Extra pins from the MCU broken out so people can use the ESC to control light bars on their Onewheel, EUC or other self balancing vehicle.
  • Built in High-Side antispark would be a plus.
2 Likes

so i managed to enter the settings menu but i cant scroll in it
also if i manage to scroll what should i do
thanks

1 Like

@hardunclejohn managed to randomly get it to move in settings menu
currently on ports config only 2 more down to go

also realised my issue
when i set gear calibration i forgot to let go when pulling up which i guess caused it (i pressed confirm before letting it go back to the middle)

Edit: by pushing up the throttle twice in a row I could trick it to move up and reset gear calibration and all is good
Thanks

4 Likes

Can someone tell me how to pair to esc A using the mobile app? Think I have been doing wrong and pairing to B and download firmware and setting it up using is but want to try to use the mobile app and donitnon that.
Thank you

1 Like

thanks for your information, have another question on it : what’s the idea size and shape for putting in onewheel?

1 Like

Let me find some examples.

For the V1, Plus and XR It seems like the Stormcore 100S is just small enough to fit:

For the Pint: It seems like even the normal Ubox fits in the Pint as shown here.

For DIY as small as possible without getting in the way of performace and features would be the best. For diy balancing vehicles people usually want as much free space for batteries. Something thats simmilair in size of the Stormcore 100s or Trampa VESC 6 would be ideal. The 100S is about 65X70X24mm and a Trampa VESC 6 is 75x70x18mm.

3 Likes

Hello I’ve managed to get my vesc going but one wheel seems to spin faster than the other one any ideas ?

With or without load? Big difference?
If the esc is setup correctly it’s most likely due to slightly different kv in your motors.

1 Like

You can type kv into vesc terminal and it will tell you, have received motors almost 5Kv off listed.

1 Like

ok played around with belt tensions and they seem much batter think it was belt tension.

2 Likes