Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

This here looks like a mighty fine remote.

Kinda useless without the ESC though… Seems some orders were messed up and I think somebody lucky got a free ESC…

Also, what is this bag of teensy tiny doo-dads?

6 Likes

It’s a dehydrated ESC, just Add Water

23 Likes

Wtf–well that’s a giant bummer. Hope that gets sorted out…

:joy::joy:

4 Likes

Doesn’t it come with a receiver if you buy it on its own?

2 Likes

Damn I really want to buy 28 more 25R cells so I can make a 16S7P instead of a 12S7P

Only $75 in cells!!! I have extra PCBs too, gotta do it.

It’s a perfect KWh 1008Wh lol

6 Likes

@RyEnd the first batch of Uboxes had cut out issues under high load. That issues was fixed by adding a diode and I think for those who ordered from the first batch got that diodes sent (or could sent back their units to get it fixed). To me it looks like those are diodes and you got the parcel from somebody who already ordered a Ubox from the first batch.

3 Likes

I have enough used ones I could let go for less than that haha

2 Likes

haha but the other cells are fresh, ideally would take the cells from the new vender and distribute them evenly.

tbh if your cells are under 100 cycles I bet they would be ok to series but I would not mix them into the P-groups.

Hmm yeah just make my 12S7P and a 4S7P out of your used cells and series them would be cheaper for the experiment but I feel it would become permanent.

Yeah I mean if all the rest are new probably not worth it, I am not sure of the exact cycle count

Don’t lie to yourself, there is no chance it wouldn’t become permanent lmao

1 Like

yeah lol only like $35 max saved isn’t worth it when I can get all new ones

Probably not haha I sold some to someone else but their other cells were used too

1 Like

You were right. Remote should be set as ppm remote and that leaves bt module free for other stuff!

I had first test ride on 10s setup. Phase wires from one motor got disconnected during ride and ubox handled it very well. One motor kept still spinning. No damage on ubox. Yes, phase wires disconnecting was totally intentional, 100%, I swear :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Really like it so far. Next tests are gonna be on 13s and 15s.

7 Likes

Just normal test procedure :man_shrugging::joy:

2 Likes

Yes the TB6 can also handle this well :innocent: so I hear :smile: sudden unplugging/partially connected xt60 won’t kill it either!

Not sure about that. If the disconnect happens in the moment you are braking that could pop some electronic.

1 Like

Can others check their readings please

5 Likes

So are we pushing the reliability at 16S? I see that’s what the demo videos are testing at, but for reliability sake. 15S a better option?

If 75V is the cap 16S leaves ~10% headroom which only slightly better than 13S on 60V esc’s which is known to create issues for some.

Anyone testing 15S/16S currently?

2 Likes

I will be in a few days. Building a 4s brick to make my 12s a 16

2 Likes

Others did that before.
You can just check some comments above.

Personally I guess 15s will be the sweet spot, but specs say shouldn’t exceed 80V, so there is a bit of headroom left even with 16s.

2 Likes