SpiderBatterySystems Flat Pack Review

Hemostats?

A staple of any workshop IMHO

3 Likes

Hemostats are pretty awesome.

For my braided connections, i put a bit of FR4 under the nickel and push down the tinned braid with a piece of aluminium flat bar before applying heat.

I use a solder pot, liquid flux and hemostats to tin the braid.

1 Like

do you put it under before or after welding? I can’t exactly picture your process here

I always solder after welding. I put the FR4 between the nickel and the sides of the cell to stop the heat getting pushed down onto the sides of the cell.

2 Likes

2 Likes

there needs to be a reacc for “ohh I get it now”

@mods whatup

I still didn’t get them, but does solder stick to them?

I ruined my long nose pliers with like 100g of solder that just flowed all over them haha

Solder won’t stick to SS unless you get it insanely hot, like breaking carbon bonds hot

1 Like

I use a Weller W201 for wicking and soldering braided strips, it will get hot :joy:

But they arent that expensive and seem much easier to use than regular pliers for the same job

no way it could break carbon bonds lol If it could your handle would melt (and yes I know what a Weller handle is made of).

You’re a good dude for doing a write-up like this. Most battery builders have to self-promote and live and die just by other battery builders coming in and saying “Hmmmm strokes chin and twirls evil mustache yes…yes…this is acceptable”

6 Likes