Speedict Smart BMS [Serious] *Gauging Interest for GB Please Vote*

What’s the use of a non balancing bms?
“Oh look my cells have a drift. Guess I better get a bms”
:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

All up to what the user wants. For people who don’t want a BMS but to monitor their cells and revive notifications about it the Lite fits that job.

For anything else you have the non lite series.

Will place an order next week.
Need BMS for E-Bike batteries.

Who is interested in ?

Will ship from Germany.

1 Like

In case someone is interested in, I have stock of Neptune15 BMS in Germany.

Hy Klaus,

noch aktuell?
I need five pieces for an e-moped!?

How is your experience with Neptune so far?
Are you working for a (your) company or are you a hobby-enthusiast?

Me do a not know how to pm… else i will send you my email…

Grüsse aus Össi
Harald

1 Like

Hi Harald,

did you received my contact via PM ?

@NingNing @Eskate444 @love2scoot @Franky

I got this BMS now, I was wondering how the power switch goes ?
Should I turn the skateboard by turning on/off the BMS or should I leave the BMS always on and the switch should go to the VESC ?
From what I’ve seen, when the BMS is off, I cannot charge the battery. I have to turn it on in order to charge it.
If it is always on , doesn’t this kill the battery ?
What’s the current way to do this ?

Thanks.

I use these all the time, a very solid bms and the support from speedict is very good.

I swap the switch out for something panel mounted.

Yes, you can only charge the battery with the bms on. It will switch itself off (I think you can disable that in the settings somewhere).

The newest versions are compatible with vesc.

Make sure you have the bms switched off when you first hookup the battery.

As for killing the battery, no, very small drain, low power Bluetooth module, but if you’re storing your board, simply switch it off.

1 Like

So just to understand.
When you want to charge board, you switch on the BMS. This will also turn on your VESC right ? I mean in that point of time when you are charging, your board will be actually in an on state ?

Yes, the BMS has a switch, seperate to the board. Your charger will not charge unless the BMS is on. You do not need to have your board(VESC) on for the battery to charge. Turning on the BMS will not turn on your board.

I have used these in all my builds since 2017, they have been solid, but they are a pricey option.

Wait sorry. I don’t get it.
So you have 2 switches on your panel ? One of the bms and one for the board ?

Final note, I have always bypassed the BMS for discharge, as most do now.

Yes, a switch for the BMS and a switch for the board’s speed controller. Independent of one another.

Ohhh :frowning: , so it’s another hole in the case …. too many switches. So I need 2 switches huh ?!? I also have a lights switch , so I need like 3 switches outside …. lights, bms and unity.
Up until today , using Dali BMS I didn’t have this thing of another switch to turn on the BMS….

Ok, perhaps you can share a switch or use the switch on a board remote for the lights. I use a maytech trigger duel trigger remote, comes with a relay switch that I use to control lights. A lot of other remotes also come with similar.

Not everyone will like the extra switch for the BMS, but I like it. When storing the board for prolonged periods, it’s good to know that everything is off.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info !
Yes, I’m aware of the other options for the lights.
But since I had a certain design in my head of how the panel will look like and the other components on the board I will need to modify my design to probably support another button for the BMS, I’ll probably make it as small as possible.

1 Like

If its possible to share switch with vesc and bms I dont see any harm in that and you would have the same amount of hole in your enclosure. I mean who really cares if vesc is turned on if the board is sitting on the charging cable

1 Like

Bms doesn’t seem to come with a switch. It’s a low voltage switch that’s needed?

Yes, I guess that is possible. one thing though, the vesc while on is “listening” to radio ppm from the remote, so accidental interference could do something bad - this is in theory of course.

1 Like

Yes, is it a low voltage switch just to turn it on/off.