Speedboard is Ded

That’s 51 people that are going to be pissed off.

3 Likes

I’m just thinking about the sad speedbored proto sitting somewhere unable to be ridden due to ridicule.

7 Likes

Kickstarter will do NOTHING. Their position has always been “you bought the item through XYZ company, you did not buy anything from kickstarter”

Id contact your CC company asap, provide all information you can about promised shipping dates, lack of comms, etc. It helps if you’ve reached out and got no response.

Best of luck to you dude.

9 Likes

Still waiting for my $99 peachy 3D Printer…

Owner has a nice new house.

10 Likes

Dude… me too

4 Likes

In other news onyx might be dead?
@CiscoV haha

10 Likes

Looool

2 Likes

Woh snap. What’s happening to Onyx? Are they going down in flames too? Just saw this but can’t enter their site. Screen grab from google but can’t enter. Interesting.

4 Likes

from what I can gather. one of the owners did some fraud to push another owner out. so some litagations are happening which results in a stop sale.

all the social media stuff and website messages is probably from either owners having access to it and locking each other out maybe?

john angel somewhat confirmed there is an issue since his telling everyone to save the screenshots and start their cases with their credit card companies or banks if they dont produce a statement tomorrow.

all the bikes that have been picked up and are enroute are going to their owners unless addresses got screwy. Theres like a dozen or so new owners who got incorrect bikes for what they paid for this past week.

9 Likes

Damn, that’s sad. They looked promising.

4 Likes

They sure did…

And Kodama’s Obsidian 3d printer…
Man, Kickstarter is full of failed projects where keen backers got screwed all over.

Lesson learnt…

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for the replies, I am one of the pissed kickstarter backers but it’s not even about the money at this point. I was hesitant on backing towards the end of the campaign and I talked to David Jackson directly a few times. He took ownership of it and was very personally invested and said if I wasn’t satisfied he’d refund me himself. Now obviously anyone can lie of course but I didn’t get that vibe. I liked the idea of a new style of eSkate to add to my collection and I’m a huge fan of pretty much all things “all-terrain”.

That all being said, I’m not going to lose my house over the 2 grand here but I’d much rather put that towards another high end board and I’m pretty pissed that we’re all being ghosted on every platform here.

@Fosterqc if you guys have any ideas here, I’ve been very understanding and cordial but I’m ready to harass whoever needs to be harrassed and put this to bed already. Their website was taken down 2 days ago and it’s not looking good.

5 Likes

Bahahaha. Why am I getting tagged eerrrrtime someone says barf. I mean onyx!?

7 Likes

“I’m sure everything will go as forecasted and business will be BOOMING! If this JCTechs guy somehoww doesn’t love it, I’m sure we can refund him while we roll in our profits”

is very different than

“We spent 300% over what we expected on refining the product and our suppliers have increased prices + shipping by 250%. I will now make a $750 LOSS on each board I build and sell. eff meeeeeee”

And thats when you click the “start over” button and get a new job :wink:

4 Likes

I got a refund

Both prototypes are broken.

2 Likes

How?
Seemed really solid to me

1 Like

13S on a focbox maybe :smile:
second bet is the swingarms cracked

3 Likes

watch from here to like 25min for a good demo of caster board dynamics more or less.

we need a thread for discussing these board designs. am I missing one? is this it now?

5 Likes