Speedboard is Ded

Complete board will prob cost what it would have been for a rolling chassis from @speedboard

idk maybe it will be more premium than that.

Iā€™d guesstimate about $800~1200. I might contact them and ask about it.

3 Likes

1 Like

Theyā€™ve put 10k yuan for other stuff that ended up being less before, but 1500 isnt impossible

3 Likes

yeah Iā€™m with you that before shipping it will be around $800-1000

I had some good dealings with small orders from AE Board. Hopefully they will flesh this thing out and actually bring it to market.

1 Like

This might be a lesson in publicizing something long before it is fully baked.

6 Likes

I mean, remember when they were trying out like 10 different motors? Seems like the development goals were not in line with just getting a working model out to customers.

3 Likes

It didnā€™t seem like they were that far from having a product, if they followed the example of other builders from this forum. Grow slow and refine the product with a smaller group of buyers. A rolling chassis would have went along way with people on here doing free R&D for them. But I suspect they want to be more like Onewheel.

4 Likes

Anyone know whatā€™s going on here? I backed on kickstarter at least 18 months ago. I was not initially worried when there were less updates, they kept replying to comments that they were shipping soon. Is there any way I can get my 2 grand back?

4 Likes

You could try harassing the former CEO or whatever, we have a lot of experience in that if you want help.

10 Likes

Not familiar with how it works but can Kickstarter do anything for you?

Pretty sure thatā€™s a no.

4 Likes

Kickstarter cannot do anything and specifically states that you may not get a product for supporting a project.

5 Likes

So where can I read actual info about Speedboard gone dead?
I donā€™t see anything official anywhereā€¦? Or did I miss it?

4 Likes

All I see the guy from speedboard got a new jobā€¦ anyone know what his old job was?

4 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing official itā€™s gone dead. But theyā€™ve started ghosting their kickstarter customers. They said they were going to ship in March.

5 Likes

So maybe donā€™t try to start a business developing a unique EV platform using pre orders.

Develop, test, refine and produce then test again before launch.

Onewheel was able to do ā€œitā€
but they got $630,862 and the CEO was an engineer and machinist already.

Plus 5 years dev work before crowd fundraising.

6 Likes

But Speedboard looked ok on an engineering point of view
I canā€™t understand what caused them to stop (if they ever stopped)

3 Likes

I think they spent the money trying to make their board better but not towards getting production started in a good manor.

Plus covid and their plans did not go well I bet.

4 Likes