SPEEDBOARD - $23k on Kickstarter in one day

Hub motor front, Chain drive rear?

This it would be awesome if you guys release a something that we could throw our own battery, motor, speed controller, and what ever else we like?

6 Likes

Senderā€™s response, and also, it gives it more of a motorcycle feel. If you increase the wheelsize and add straps, wheelies etc might be possible. Also steering skills from a motorcycle would translate well to this platform, which would not be the case if front wheel is powered.

2 Likes

@speedboard how does counter-steering work on this board? Is it initiated by leaning?

I donā€™t see how.
It would need to be a hub or a belt/chain drive that moves with the wheel.
But I donā€™t see having the front wheel powered affecting steering if done correctly.

Iā€™d sooner do a huge motor on the rear than two on one wheel.

1 Like

Just chiming in to say Iā€™d be interested in a rolling chassis (roller) also.

5 Likes

Yeah I think that if you learned a way to do it, youā€™d be able to figure it out. But having the front wheel powered I feel like would introduce a lot of torque steer, probably requiring a spring change.

I agree two motors on one wheel is a bit odd but has been done before

2 Likes

Haha has anyone accused you of putting it in the river on purpose?

2 Likes

You havenā€™t seen the box punch videoā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve actually been looking into making a dual-motor race board. You can also just run both sets of motor leads from a dual-channel ESC into a single motor.

1 Like

Definitely open to releasing a rolling chassis when all the kickstarter boards have shipped. To me it makes more sense to design the board around the components to make it as compact and light as possible.

7 Likes

Yeah, just like on a motorcycle, your feet intuitively learn to roll the board away from the turn first, before leaning into the turn.

1 Like

This doesnā€™t sound like something I should googleā€¦

7 Likes

What would you like to see a rolling chassis priced at?

1 Like

You donā€™t have to.

Got you boo

giphy%20(11)

13 Likes

soooo you know how heā€™d restart production for you? Wanna do us a mad solid and sell them individually? :wink::smirk::heart:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve wanted to ride one of these ever since I saw it. Looks like so much fun. Wish I could afford it atm :pensive: good luck! Looking forward to seeing the progress

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t want to pay more than 1kā€¦ Ideally $750-800
But I donā€™t know what the materials used areā€¦
would you show us pics of the frame parts?
Im genuinely interested man, this is a cool idea! Have you tried a shorter wheelbase? What about hydraulic steering dampers instead of a spring? Youā€™ve got my attention, also I really would like to see the 1.7 focbox being produced again.

3 Likes

From an engineering and parts standpoint this seems completely unreasonable. There would have to be so many cuts made to meet that cost that it wouldnā€™t be the same product

5 Likes

I think they are saying just for the frame

Actually, Iā€™m to blame. I convinced Brian that Spongebob was real, and the rest you can guess.

1 Like