Spare parts board

Quite a while back I got a used DIY from the skatemetric guy (YouTube channel)

I did my own stuff to try and make some improvements but my DIY abilities and knowledge were… Undeveloped.

Eventually after a lot of trial and error I got to where my MTB is at today which I’m pretty happy with

But now I have so many parts, so so many cheap parts so I figured I’d build an esk8 out of all the spare parts I have, here’s the parts list:

Trucks+mounts+wheels: L-faster ultra cheap china kit, the one most of you are familiar with.

Motors: 6374 off an Ownboard Zeus

Deck: MBS Comp 95 I think, it’s the one with the birds graphic

Enclosure: some kinda pelican vault case given to me by @MichaelWA not sure the model

ESC: DV4S ($100 release pricing was hard to resist so I got 2 :grin:)

Battery: 2x Turnigy 6s 12ah

Remote: Hoyt puck (with that absolutely SPICY newish firmware)

The only real DIYing was mounting everything, the ESC isn’t on a heat sink since this is supposed to be a more low powered board for friends to learn on and I’m only running 40 motor amps/side

Since I’m not running a Davega/Megan, or a telemetry remote I decided to at least add a voltage meter which took a bit of dremel activity to mount that

I decided not to use the included screws for the capacity meter since I’m using silicone to seal it anyways I imagine that’ll do a fine job keeping it in place. Anyways it rides great so far, at least as far as spare parts cobbled together goes.

5 Likes