👾 Space Invader - Venom's 4th Build

wow! nice project!!

2 Likes

A year with no updates. Wah wah.

Ok. Here we go.

This board has earned such a special spot in my heart. It’s a freaking tank.

Fall

Had some great night rides with friends.

Visited @longhairedboy and got to meet @Razillian and @kai, good times were had.

Winter

This board even held up through the awesome winter we had this year!

They drained the lake to about 3ft deep and it froze over so I had to see what skating it would be like…

ZERO traction.

Spring

I drive it through water all the time just for funzies because I dare it to die.

Summer

Warm weather brings the zooms

Dry days and plush grass make for perfect mixed rides

Switched my front hanger over to @moon’s matrix 2 replacements to try out along with his urethane kingpin bushings for them.

Nice and sturdy, holding up great, the replacement bushings took out a fair amount of slop from the baseplates.

By this time, I was still unsure if I was going to make it to Carvepdx 2022. My wife is due with our child literally any day now so I begged for one last hurrah before I’m back on Dad duty again. Tickets and flights were a nightmare but it all worked out in the end.

Got to hang with @Savage1 and @J0ker on my layover on the way there :call_me_hand:

Had an awesome trip and got to put faces to tons of fine folks here, even some not so fine ones!

And on my way home, I had another big layover and got to meet up and skate with @PedroMcJimenez and @whaddys!

Trying to avoid the itch to go higher voltage until the escs get a bit more reliable and predictable, especially during weird supply times. Drv-less escs may be the hot topic of the next year.

Overall another great year for this board. Minor maintenance issues kept me riding as much as possible.

Got to invade a lot of spaces this year, looking forward to more :space_invader:

25 Likes

3615 km or 2245 mi since robogotchi got installed :partying_face:

9 Likes

You forgot a picture lol.

Was great seeing you again brotha. We definitely need to do it again. With more people and more sk8s lol.

10 Likes

Seeing your rides makes me want to finish fixing my board and ride, awesome places

4 Likes

A couple more….

@J0ker giving track advisories, me taking lame pics with a pulled hammy,
random guy in the background with his penny boards, getting a chub.

7 Likes

Glad I can be an inspiration to get stuff done. You’re always welcome to join brother!

2 Likes

I can’t believe this board is 3 years old and still rocking as hard as the day I built it! Clearly I did something right by waterproofing the heck out of it and building it to be a tank. I keep considering doing a high voltage build but then think “Why bother?” This board is still hitting good speed, can tackle all the terrain I want, and it just flat out refuses to die. I could maybe use another 5-10mph just because I’m a speed freak but I can’t justify dropping $4000 on a new build just for small gains.

I wonder how many more seasons this board will give me. This board has successfully invaded many spaces and has been a freaking blast through and through. Cheers to everyone who made this board come to life and most importantly, stay alive! @MBS for providing most of the ride @moon for the trucks and gear drives @Flashgod224 & @Deodand for that kickass Stormcore 60D+ @BenjaminF for the awesome brick pack @DerelictRobot for the Robogotchi to record all my travels.

14 Likes

I feel the same about my mountainboard. 60D+ still kicking strong, as are my Jump drives and everything else. We both ride in the snow, so probably put our boards through similar hell :smile:

1 Like

I’d feel so sad retiring this board for a shiny new one :sob:

1 Like

HV overated! 50.3V all the way

2 Likes