👾 Space Invader - Venom's 4th Build

That makes sense! I mostly like the ease of pulling/carrying the board from the motor side so it rolls better.

btw you see MBS has black fivestars now? lol

1 Like

Ah shit no I did not! Excellent find.

They could have named them after me at least :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

UPDATE UPDATE, READ ALL ABOUT IT:

Man I’m loving this board. I liken it to a Ford Bronco… Big Beautiful and Beastly.

I had the holy trinity of rides the other day where I carved it up around the lake, hit the empty new sports complex for some gentle curves I can high speed zoom through, then spontaneously took it through the muddy woods on my way home. Even got some groceries from a local farm so I guess it was a quadrinity.

Now the bad news… If you recall, my right side helical chewed up a circlip and made the bell loosey goosey into a full throttle lock up on Halloween.

Flashback

I stacked a ton of washers on the stepped axle to prevent this from happening again but I’ve noticed the same thing starting to happen again to the helical side. I loctited the shit out of it so I’m guessing the wheels being so huge is putting a lot of torque on the offroading and they’re getting chewed up again. Maybe a solid spacer would do the trick. Need to crack it open and go full straight cut for safety but don’t want to loose that buttery smooth sound… I currently am not full throttling from a stop to be safe-ish but I’m riding on borrowed time.

Next I need to swap my old 60d out for the new 60d+ to get my dual uart ports working. I had to sacrifice my remote data to use the ever so cool @DRI robogotchi. Worth it. I figure I’ll wait until
@surfnacho’s new mini infinity sink arrives to tear the whole board apart and get the maintenance done.

In more positive news, 3 local guys are now building emtbs! One other guy just finished up a @BuildKitBoards dual build and is in love with it. Went on a group ride earlier and he was blowing past the rest of the prebuilts with a huge smile.

My neighbor bought @SeanHacker’s old board and is having a gorgeous battery crafted by the notorious :duck: @BenjaminF. The army is growing :smiling_imp:

Ride today was gorgeous. 75° and sunny but waaaaaay too many people out.

Fun fact this is the one road that makes my maytech split trigger remote flip out. I was glad it was too packed to go down.

I got a good video of my favorite route to ride that I will take any of you fine folks on when you come visit but YouTube is poo and it looks too blurry to share so here are some gifs to hold you over until the video is less shite. It’s not usually this packed, first “summer” day and a Saturday.

Stay safe and ride often!

23 Likes

Nice update. Looks like some sweet places to ride there. Glad to hear your ESk8 squad is growing.

And for your loose can problem, have you tried adding a thrust bearing?

4 Likes

I have not but assuming those ball bearings are meant to rotate and not grind, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion!

3 Likes

Finally the video of my route is decent enough.

The path is great, it starts at the Bengals stadium and goes through it.

Runs along the river up into the Reds stadium

Cuts back to the river in a bunch of stacked and layered paths through a few conjoined parks

And then this squeedley path that criss crosses a bunch and would be awesome to race someone on.

All stitched together with too many people walking:

6 Likes

You weren’t kidding – WAY too many people out! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Yeah :unamused: Covids got people itching to be outside and it was perfect out yesterday. Only other time it’s like that is when there is a football and baseball game on the same day. Made that mistake once.

If I go during the week, the path is almost empty the whole way and it’s heaven.

6 Likes

Being a Bengals fan and love to skate, that’s looks like the coolest route ever, throw a rhinegheist in the mix and a stop a terrys turf club= one fun day

1 Like

That sounds like an epic day indeed!

3 Likes

Man, you should have seen the Downtown Portland waterfront yesterday on @DerelictRobot and I’s skate. Andrew, how many people would you estimate were crowding around those blooming cherry blossom trees? 500?

3 Likes

There were close to 2000 people along the waterfront yesterday. Too many to ride through, for sure.

2 Likes

I agree, we need bull bars.

8 Likes

I was thinking the same could be achieved with some Borat Bikinis but I like the out of the box ideas. Keep em coming.

9 Likes

Not in this city bud. We would draw crowds.

2 Likes

The can play has officially gotten too large to continue riding. Calling it quits until I loctite it back.

Bummer, we have such nice weather this week.

Annnnnd this is why we make backup boards.

5 Likes

To loctite it back shouldn’t take all week, no? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It sure shouldn’t ha. Probably due for a re-greasing anyway right?

2 Likes

Wait, what, who is using grease in 2021?!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

I’m definitely keeping an eye on the non greasers using steel on steel to see how that turns out.

Luckily @moon has been great about keeping gears compatible with similar case revisions so I can play around without breaking the bank.

3 Likes