Some small questions i didnt want to make into their own topic

Right

hub motors can be more efficient and use less battery if you accelerate slowly and dont do hills otherwise gears are more efficient.

1 Like

Ok cool

And if my belt is longer do I lose power?

Don’t see how a longer belt would lose power. Actually if it’s long it would need a big pulley and generally the bigger gear ratio the more efficient unless u accelerate at a snail pace. Hubs are generally not as efficient for this same reason. Asking for torque from a motor, and not your gearing, costs

That braided wire u linked can do a lot. Figure it’s weight and u can compare that way or by volume

2 Likes

like its weight like pounds?

What are the best screws to mount the enclosures to the deck? link if possible thanks

I personally like countersunk washers like these with the appropriate bolt/screw.

Anything M3 and up works depending on how many bolts you plan on using and if the battery and electronics are deck mounted or supported by the enclosure.
Mine is mounted with the red countersunk washers to not crack my fiberglass enclosure, and 10 m4 torx head bolts, hex works fine too but I prefer torx head screws because they strip less easily. Just make sure you get stainless steel screws, and not electroplated stuff.

Yes but the balancing part takes time and the last 20% will never charge at 20a anyway. You are probably looking at an hour. 20a will take you to 80% in half hour.

You can ocasionally fast charge like this without balancing, just dont use it as your primary means of charging, if its only used to fast charge just before a ride, and you balance charge the cells regularly this shouldnt hurt. I do it all the time, but have a BMS that balances even when not charging, meaning its actively balanced even off the charger.

1 Like

Ok cool

Where can I get those? I’m also using a fiberglass enclosure (I think) (eBoosted 10s4p vanguard)

1 Like

Wouldn’t that mean it would need to discharge through the bms?

Screws can either be orderded online or bought locally, depending on where you live amazon might also have good options. I know aliexpress has the washers, hobbyking has them and I’m pretty sure amazon does too.

As for the BMS. Yes, its an 80A LTT Smart BMS and I discharge through it.

1 Like

Oh ok ok not building my battery so I wouldn’t know. I also don’t have that much space so the smart one he had planned didn’t fit.

Also, can you send pics of your build enclosures if possible?

Board is in pieces right now unfortunately, when I get my new hangers this week I’ll take pictures. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok that’s fine haha

This thread is a good read.

1 Like

I’ll read

1 Like

Mass and gravity combined. If you like pounds. I like grams.

1 Like

Ok yeah haha

1 Like

Hi,

Here’s a picture of the deck and enclosure with the mentioned washers. Deck is a Landyachtz Falcon Evo 40" and the enclosure was made by @BigBen. Don’t mind the scratches, it rides pretty low and I haven’t been kind to it :shushing_face: .

1 Like

ok cool, what does the other side look like with those screws? they are coming up from the bottom

I have wood inserts and haven’t replaced the griptape because I’m planning on ripping it off and putting glass frit on the deck. Top is just griptape with holes in it.

1 Like

ohhh ok