Soldering battery leads.

I think I burnt that latest battery I got from you. I soldered an xt 90 to match up to a spintend. Something went wrong. It shorted. The negative lead heated up and came out

It came off the pack or the connector?

Off the pack. The spintend still works.

1 Like

Sounds more like a cold joint than a short. A cold joint will generate heat/resistance and can eventually desolder itself

It was real fast. Only a couple of second

Oh shit… That’s really weird. No magic smoke from the pack? I would be really careful w that battery. Have u measured the voltage of the pack since?

No. I have to resolder the negative lead. That means taking the covering off. I think I’m gonna let @JoeyZ5 repair it rather than try myself. I am make everything else. I’ll trust better than me to do my battery work.
If rather sorry the guys on here than order a battery from China

You can get genuine amass that look like the top ones, especially the XT60 the bottom is just an XT60HF

2 Likes

You are absolutely right

1 Like

Where can I buy the type of 3.5mm male bullets that are used in xt60s? Not the spring type.

I highly reccomend using spring ones :smiley: bannana style sucks

They’re called “Amass Semicircle” bullet connectors. I get mine here

1 Like

I’ve just heated up the bullet connector with a soldering iron and then cut the now soft nylon with a razor to free the bullet connector. :joy:

2 Likes

yep. Your method is superior than getting it out cold.

1 Like

A 2" and 4"-6" spring clamp/panavise style vice are infinitely more helpful than octopus arms for soldering XT connectors & bullets.

These guys to hold the XT connectors (always plugged together as a pair)

https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Clamp-Large-Super-Heavy/dp/B01I0214J0/ref=mp_s_a_1_12

These guys to hold the tinned wire by it’s insulation as you apply heat

https://www.amazon.com/Finger-Grips-Steel-Spring-Clamp/dp/B07V2JRF3C/ref=mp_s_a_1_15

1 Like

Lots of ways to hold an xt effectively. I really like using these guys and find they work beautofully… AND I already have a bunch

1 Like