Soft thermal cutout help

When you get the cutout hand test stuff asap to find what is hottest. That’s if you can’t bluetooth to the esc and check the motor and esc temps. If your motor cores aren’t hot to the touch almost burning then its probably something else.

When I saw the title I though immediately about flipsky vesc. I had two 6.6 dual and they both started thermal throttling just after a little while while with very moderate power.

I tried other vescs later - dv6 and unity - and didn’t have this problem with neither of them. Never looked back to flipsky.

Do you have a link as to where I could get a heatsink that I could install? Or is that just a diy thing where i would get a hunk of metal and mod it?

I had too many responses on my first post I guess and the Eskate forum locked me out for a while. Thanks for the help! Consensus seems to be that it’s not my battery or BMS, It’s that Flipsky ESC’c are not top of the line. I spent a lot of money so far learning this hobby. Bleeding money. So at this point it would be silly to just give up and live with the current incarnation of this build that cuts power after just a short ride so I will save up a bit and try to invest in top of the line ESC’s when I can. What are the best? I don’t want to half ass it. I’m going the distance. Thanks.

Yeah the motors arent hot at all.

1 Like

I bought a heatsink and installed it, Vented my enclosure, and swapped my flipsky esc’s with TB esc’s. Problems seem to be solved. No more cutting out.

4 Likes