So I Played the Flipsky Lottery... Let's Sell if I Won

Just wait for torqueboards and stormcore

4 Likes

@Enginir is working on his 6.6+ as well, that hopefully will be another option available soon

3 Likes

I temporarily hooked everything up (besides the Bluetooth module, which I’m sure no one is concerned about) and powered it all with a 12S pack made from some small RC LiPos to setup and test the 6.6 Mini. It already came with the newest firmware (5.1) but I ran into a strange issue where the direction of the motor connected to the slave side couldn’t be inverted in the FOC setup wizard of VESC Tool. When i tried to hit Fwd or Rev, the motor on that side would either just vibrate violently or there would be an error that said both VESCs needed to be on the newest firmware, which they were both on. I tried re-uploading the newest firmware to both VESCs (by selecting All) but it said that the erasing of the original firmware timed out. I then used the slave-side USB port to re-upload the firmware on that side only, which worked, and successfully re-uploaded the firmware to both sides at once just for good measure. I’m not sure what that firmware nonsense did but I was finally able to invert the motor direction by connecting to the slave side and checking Inverted in the General tab of Motor Settings. (I know that I could’ve just swapped two motor wires around to invert it, I just wanted to be sure that the 6.6 Mini was working.)

I don’t know if any of this was helpful, I’m just a first time VESC user. Anyways, in VESC Tool, everything else on the FSESC functions well and the motors and remote both work nicely (on the bench at least). :+1:

2 Likes

This is fairly typical. Has happened to me a few times. I find setting them up as singles to be a far less painful process

2 Likes

The only thing I would be weary of is the motors that’s the old model these are notorious for smashing magnets. My 6.6 mini I haven’t use much but so far so good. The Bluetooth is unspectular and easy to hack. Recommend reflashing using the swd port. It is always a lottery with them especially new stuff.

1 Like

Yep, uploading the firmware and setting up the motors for each side individually did the trick.

By the way, the motors are not actually the old ones that had magnet issues, these ones are the new version with some battle hardening epoxy on the magnets. I’m not that familiar with VESCs so you explain a bit the benefit of reflashing using the swd port?

Flipsky BT is a nrf 1 vareity but insecure fw. The easiest way to fix this is to wire it to the swd port on your vesc and use the vesc tool to flash it.

The 140 kV motor is the new one I was reading 190kv in the link txt.
1 Like

If you don’t mind answering. What 12s battery are you using for this?